• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Quatar world Cup. so when should it be played?

They are just publishing the German lawyers (Hans Joachim Eckert) version of the full report and not the full report itself aren't they? Didn't the American guy (Michael Garcia) say that the full report should be published?

Isn't it strange how those who have complained against FIFA the loudest are the ones who are portrayed in the report as being guilty of wrong doing.

Kenny - What Sniffer said :)

What a load of shite that statement is. I wouldn't be surprised if CAS was involved now to get the full report published.

Hadn't noticed it was a Sepp Approved version of the report. Too busy trying to catch up on Journo's spitting their tea all over their laptops as they report on the "findings"

The problem is they have only investigated the Qatari FA and have treated the Qatari government separately, I don't think the rest of Europe will be fooled by this statement.
Is a FIFA investigation going to find that there is mass corruption within their organisation I think not, the problem is who can investigate them independently?
It seems to me that FIFA are trying to discredit those standing upto them and challenging their transparency.

It concluded that payments by former Fifa vice-president Mohamed bin Hammam were judged to be for the disgraced Qatari's personal political interests, not the 2022 bid.

So a Qatari, who happens to be a FIFA vice president and made payments to football associations in Africa, made the payments for his own personal political interests and not on behalf of the Qatari bid.

The 63-year-old challenged Sepp Blatter in Fifa's 2011 presidential election but withdrew to fight bribery allegations he was later cleared of.
The Qatari was subsequently banned for life but the ban is not related to those allegations, but "conflicts of interest" while president of the Asian Football Confederation.

Garcia now saying that FIFA have misreprensented his report, what a surprise!

Eckert responded: "I'm surprised, not shocked. I'm a long time in the job here. I don't think anything surprises me."

I wouldn't want him defending me when I'm up for murder.

Eckart is "surprised" at Garcia's criticism.

In related matters, the man in charge of taking the technical bids for 2018 and 2022 is now under investigation by the FIFA ethics committee (but the winning bids weren't corrupt at all, remember).

The Chilean in question was planning to stand against Sepp Blatter in the election. You couldn't make it up.

Eckart is "surprised" at Garcia's criticism.

In related matters, the man in charge of taking the technical bids for 2018 and 2022 is now under investigation by the FIFA ethics committee (but the winning bids weren't corrupt at all, remember).

The Chilean in question was planning to stand against Sepp Blatter in the election. You couldn't make it up.

Nothing surprises him though Paddy!

Daft question, but why was the climate of Qatar not discussed before the bid? Maybe then the bid would have been with the clause 'cannot take place at the usual time if June/July.'

Daft question, but why was the climate of Qatar not discussed before the bid? Maybe then the bid would have been with the clause 'cannot take place at the usual time if June/July.'
It was but lots of $$$$$$ meant it wasn't an issue until they got it.

Why would an Australian bid need to propose altering the timing of the tournament? Surely June/July is the best time to play there?

They wanted to ask if a winter tournament (our time) would be allowed so they would be guaranteed a hot tournament and were told that they must bid based on a June / July tournament. These goalposts have now been moved for Qatar

They wanted to ask if a winter tournament (our time) would be allowed so they would be guaranteed a hot tournament and were told that they must bid based on a June / July tournament. These goalposts have now been moved for Qatar

I $ wonder $ why $ ? $$$$££££

That just makes no sense from the Australians, why would you want to play it in the middle of their summer and make some of the games be played in crippling heat? Surely their winter climate in June/July is far better suited to football? Just bizarre, lets slim down the chances of winning it by asking to move it, all in aid of having a shitter tournament.

Australia wouldn't be too bad in summer anyway. If they can do it in Brazil it would be a doddle

I would have also thought that June / July would have been far better for Australia too. December and January it easily tops 40 degrees most of the time in Melbourne, let alone Brisbane.

Back