• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation Thread 2023/24

They have debt rising past £200m, a stadium still needing £150m to finish it (and that is low end), they can’t pay the leccy bill, and have obligated transfer commitments for the next window of £45m as they have to buy Beto and Chermiti

Apart from that, all good.

Didn't realise how bad so many teams are at the foot of the table. The bottom six clubs have won just four of their last 36 games combined.

Looking at next season I was really fearful but there’s a whole bunch of teams who’ll be worse off or on a level par. The 3 promoted, Forest, Brentford, Bournemouth, Palace, Everton, Fulham etc so reality pretty much half the league.

Knowing that you were breaking the rules and not abiding by them on the basis that you might sell someone later (whilst continuing to sign others) isn't much of a defence.

Didn't Birmingham try a similar appeal in the Championship a few years back?

Fucking hell four points. Fosun might as well have given us a striker in January after all.

I forget the specifics, but didn't Everton technically overspend by less than Forest but Everton end up with a bigger deduction?

I forget the specifics, but didn't Everton technically overspend by less than Forest but Everton end up with a bigger deduction?
Everton overspent in more seasons than Forest did.

Is that it for Forest then, no other sanctions like the rumoured Everton second sanction ?

I don't have any sympathy for Forest as they knowingly took the piss, the rules that they broke are bollocks and anti competitive though. A big difference between them spending money they had to Everton spending money they didn't

I've not seen a figure given for the Forest overspend. Everton's first breach was £19.5m.

Looking at the fixtures Forest should still have enough to stay up, Luton have hit a wall.
Burnley are the ones it really incentivises now.

Looking at the fixtures Forest should still have enough to stay up, Luton have hit a wall.
Forest are properly shit though, can't defend at all

Forest are properly shit though, can't defend at all

They’re and any other season they’d be gone, just Luton have lost their way we always said they had to be at 100% most the time to stand a chance.

Not sure I agree, even though Luton's form is awful, they are still 5 points above Burnley and 1 above Forest. The late equaliser and this deduction may well give them the shot in the arm they need.

1000043126.jpg

Back