• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheff Utd 2-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

If an attacking player encroaches and a goal is scored it should be retaken. If the goal is missed it is a free kick.
If the defending team encroaches and it is missed it is retaken.
I'm not sure what the actual rule is but encroachment only seems to matter if the player encroaching ends up playing the ball in some way following a rebound / save

I know. Otherwise we'd all be millionaires. But we also can't rely on beating Manchester City, or Spurs, or Arsenal etc every time we play them.

It's hardly a revolutionary point I'm making.
As other have said

We have played
Everton - 3 pts
Palace -0 pts
Luton1pt
Bournemouth 3pts
Sheffield Utd 0 Pts

We have taken 7 out of 15, 50% ?

That's about what I would expect as everyone has said we would all win the bets every week, and Football would be boring as fuck if we beat everyone we should, lost to those we should and drew with those we should.

I doubt anyone would watch football

As other have said

We have played
Everton - 3 pts
Palace -0 pts
Luton1pt
Bournemouth 3pts
Sheffield Utd 0 Pts

We have taken 7 out of 15, 50% ?

That's about what I would expect as everyone has said we would all win the bets every week, and Football would be boring as fuck if we beat everyone we should, lost to those we should and drew with those we should.

I doubt anyone would watch football
Given they have all been away games and we’ve been shafted by VAR in two of them it’s a reasonable return. Just need to aim for 15 points from the home games.

Our shape on their first goal is awful, it was a throw in about 20 yards into their half, why are we in such a mess?

Also, and I think someone else mentioned it, that did not look a corner that lead to the penalty.

PH

“We were planning ahead before Arsenal, seeing how Wolves had gone and how we wanted to set up against them,” Heckingbottom said afterwards. “It was one of the reasons we stayed with a four at Arsenal; I wanted Gary to plan for us playing a back four. I felt that was going to give us a slight advantage by switching to a five and how we used Cam and Gus within that system

There’s no way Gary could have prepared for it because we’ve not played that way yet. I think moments like that are really good and trying to get players minutes to have them ready to perform. We’re always thinking that way, so we’ll look at those moments.”

Proper Dean Saunders type bollocks this.

PH

Proper Dean Saunders type bollocks this.
Especially considering for the first 45 minutes we were exploiting them time and time again down their left hand side. Clearly something which had been identified beforehand and practiced on the training ground. They only started getting into the game when they pressed higher in the 2nd half and we completely lost our composure.

He genuinely deserves credit for getting them revved up for the second half but what he's said is pure fantasy. In the first half it seemed like their only tactic was to rough us up (this worked due to the ref being weak as piss). In terms of technical ability they were as bad as I've seen at this level in recent times, Cardiff were shocking and Watford at the end were a complete mess, these were just as bad. Foderingham's distribution was genuinely laughable, Stefan Postma levels. McAtee & Archer the only who seemed to have anything about them.

He genuinely deserves credit for getting them revved up for the second half but what he's said is pure fantasy. In the first half it seemed like their only tactic was to rough us up (this worked due to the ref being weak as piss). In terms of technical ability they were as bad as I've seen at this level in recent times, Cardiff were shocking and Watford at the end were a complete mess, these were just as bad. Foderingham's distribution was genuinely laughable, Stefan Postma levels. McAtee & Archer the only who seemed to have anything about them.
I thought Archer was decent. Looked to have something about him with his movement and touch. Just needs a better team around him.

Can't comment on Saturday but I've seen Archer a fair bit for England U21s. Plenty of ability but lone striker in a poor team at this stage is not going to be for him (good finish on Saturday notwithstanding). Doesn't have the physique or knowhow.

Back