• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheff Utd 2-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Back to the 'Gary O'Neil's fault' default position for some I imagine.
I mean he hardly covered himself in glory did he?

I liked the way we were set up in the first half and we should've won the game in the first 45 but he's failed to react to Sheffield United's change in positioning and intensity. The second half was abysmal. Blades might've been gifted the 3 points by the referee but 0 was all we deserved from that game after the 2nd half performance.

Stop closing the matchday thread when people are still conversing. It's completely unnecessary
This is the post match thread. Otherwise you have the same conversation going in two threads which is even more irritating.

Everyone should know by now, after the final whistle, take the discussion to the verdict thread.

It's the same every season. If you're a team without a win, or glued to the bottom of the league, then playing Wolves is the cure. We'll always come down to your level and put in a pathetic performance. When was the last time we put a bad team to the sword?

Draw would have been a fair result for me.

Losing Neto was always going to have a significant impact, particularly in the first game of his absence. Disappointing but I think it's more a blip than something to worry about for too long.

So any touch on an opponent inside the box is a penalty, no matter how slight, no matter the position of the ball or direction of opponent's travel? Any touch on an opponent, in the box = penalty. Okay.

Very disappointing. They were so poor in the first half I thought we'd stroll to a one goal win but looks like the team thought that too, and when they came out fired up we weren't prepared for it.

Fabio's done I think, even if it wasn't a penalty. Shocking sub performance.

Was glad we tried 4 at the back against a weaker opponent and looked promising until the second half. Really didn't have an answer to them switching on.

I fully expected them to come at us for 10 mins after HT but I thought we'd wrestle control of the game back, we didn't, and that was our downfall.

However, once we did equalise we've got to manage the game better, whether it was a penalty or not(I think it was) the frantic manner in which we're trying to clear our box with Hwang last week and Fabio today is clearly something we need to work on! Compose yourselves FFS.

This is the post match thread. Otherwise you have the same conversation going in two threads which is even more irritating.

Everyone should know by now, after the final whistle, take the discussion to the verdict thread.
That's crap though isn't it? If you are in mid conversation about a penalty scored 10 minutes into injury time, posting videos of the decision, it's ridiculous to shut that down just because you choose to. Strange power trip you've got going on where that's concerned. This forum has always been about free flowing conversation, your policing of that thread diminishes it and offers very little positive benefit

I don't know either?
You don’t know why it matters if people are responding to a post in a thread for 5 minutes after the game? You’ve just said “it’s irritating”.

The second half is a dreadful performance, seen the penalty very soft but ultimately stupid from Fabio just shepherd the ball away. Glenn Murray on BBC “ it’s a clear swipe from Silva and a penalty” piss off you arsehole.
First half sloppy in an an attacking 3rd, any side would miss Neto and we absolutely fit that bill.
It’s not all on Fabio the second half was a shocker from all involved.
Robert Jones every time I’ve seen him he’s been appalling.

The second half is a dreadful performance, seen the penalty very soft but ultimately stupid from Fabio just shepherd the ball away. Glenn Murray on BBC “ it’s a clear swipe from Silva and a penalty” piss off you arsehole.
First half sloppy in an an attacking 3rd, any side would miss Neto and we absolutely fit that bill.
It’s not all on Fabio the second half was a shocker from all involved.
Robert Jones every time I’ve seen him he’s been appalling.
Sorry JD
Fabios first touch was to get booked and he went downhill from there.

That's crap though isn't it? If you are in mid conversation about a penalty scored 10 minutes into injury time, posting videos of the decision, it's ridiculous to shut that down just because you choose to. Strange power trip you've got going on where that's concerned. This forum has always been about free flowing conversation, your policing of that thread diminishes it and offers very little positive benefit
You can copy the last quote you want to respond to over there and paste it here, I think.

Not perfect but it's something if we keep things as they are.

Back