• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheffield Wednesday (H)

sycophantia

Reaction score
Just bought my tickets, was surprised how many have aleady gone given our recent form, even allowing for half price deal......new coach factor I suppose

Just bought my tickets, was surprised how many have aleady gone given our recent form, even allowing for half price deal......new coach factor I suppose
Thanks for the heads up, just bought mine.

No decent seats left in the family enclosure, so it's SB upper for the first time for the kids.

Will be nice, bit of a trip down memory lane for me after I had a season ticket in there for 10 years.

Have my tickets - well at the price I am paying at OAP prices its less than a chinese takeaway for 1

We will see whether Lambert's rhetoric so far translates into anything on the pitch.

It'll be early days for Lambert to have had much impact, just hoping to see a bit of cohesion and balance to the side

Lambert has talked about front foot football, he'll need to deliver at least the first few signs of that in this game. Playing for a point against a bang average Championship side won't be acceptable at Molineux, a decent win however would make the PNE shitfest look like a better point than it was. Look at how bad Villa were in Bruce's first game against us, they're now unbeaten in 6 and are starting to claw their way back up the table. We'll need to see a similar turnaround if we don't want to end up getting dragged into a relegation battle. Lets not forget we're joint 21st and 2 points above the drop.

Batth is banned for this one but Edwards comes back in. Hopefully Ikeme is fit enough to play.

Ikeme

Iorfa Stearman Hause Doherty

Saiss Price

Costa Enobakhare Cavaleiro

Bodvarsson​

I think he'll stick with Coady instead of Saiss and Edwards will obviously start somewhere though.

Same team for me too except CBJ for Doherty. I think him and Cav looked to have a decent understanding developing.

Imperative we start with Cav.

Same team for me too except CBJ for Doherty. I think him and Cav looked to have a decent understanding developing.

Imperative we start with Cav.

Me too.

Unfortunately I don't think it will be though as the FAW clan have their favourites and they'll be picked (Doherty, Coady, Edwards, Saville).

I've no problem at all with Edwards coming in on his current form. Agree about the others though.

Got mixed feelings about this game, don't get to many and this will be our 2nd live game of the season. Would like to see Lycans team or even TeX for Bright and Dicko for Bod, but suspect it might be similar to the last game, wouldn't blame Lambert for going defensive and safe but it would be nice to see a bit of excitement

Whilst I can see the point of trying to solidfy the back line somewhat, cannot see the point of neutering the front line at the same time

We don't concede as easily is fine, us not scoring is not as we won't win any games with that tactic.

Only seen Cavaleiro for short periods in the games I have seen live, but for me he needs to start with Costa on the other side & not fussed which of Dicko or Bodvarssen is in the middle

It's possible of course that with Edwards to come back in a forward midfield role in which he defends from the front, then with Swiss and Price sat in front of the back 4, we might be solid enough to allow both Cav and Costa in wide attacking roles

I think they'll be 3 changes from yesterday -Stearman, Edwards and Cav in for Batth, Saville and Bright. Edwards will be Captain. More adventurous out wide with the pay off being Edwards at 10 (ish)

Just woke up. Was dreaming we won the next four on the trot and Lambert was named manager of the month for December. Bizarre. I never dream about Wolves.

Ikeme

Saiss Price

Costa Edwards Cavaleiro

Bodvarsson​

I'd be happy with that. Dangerous was playing well before his suspension and he'll be fresh. Cav *has* to start. Wouldn't mind seeing Dicko up top and giving Bod a rest either, but I think Lambert will stick with Jon Dadi.

Same here. Though I'd personally drop Bod for Dicko, and Doc for Silvio.

----------------------Ikeme/Lonergan------------------------

Iorfa----------Stearman------Hause--------Borthwick-Jackson

-------------------Price----------Saiss----------------------

--------Costa-------Enobakhare-------Cavaleiro--------------

------------------------Dicko---------------------------------------

Subs: Lonergan/Flatt, Doherty, Edwards, Coady, Herc, Teixeira, Bodvarsson.

Harsh on Edwards perhaps as he was playing ok (no more) before he got banned but he isn't going to help us keep the ball or protect the back four if he plays deep, and I never want to see him at number 10 again, he is shite there.

Ikeme

Saiss Price

Costa Edwards Cavaleiro

Bodvarsson​

I'd be happy with that. Dangerous was playing well before his suspension and he'll be fresh. Cav *has* to start. Wouldn't mind seeing Dicko up top and giving Bod a rest either, but I think Lambert will stick with Jon Dadi.
My only concern with that lineup is how much we'll be relying on the wide players to create anything because there sure as hell won't be any creativity from that central midfield three.

Also, if fit, Silvio must start over Doherty imv.

I think they'll be 3 changes from yesterday -Stearman, Edwards and Cav in for Batth, Saville and Bright. Edwards will be Captain. More adventurous out wide with the pay off being Edwards at 10 (ish)
I agree, you can't see Lambert not going for the perceived safe selections in the short term, much to the frustration of the fans.

My name is Martin Loftus. Profile, web site Wolves Hero's. Martin Loftus.

The transition of a lifetime is possible at the Wolves immediately.

With the current manager and players.

I am the only one in the world that can achieve this.

Back