• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Snooker

Bingham wins - deserves it for his play in the second half of this match

Indeed Dan. Thoroughly deserved winner for his all round play. Great break-building and safety.

Fantastic stuff from Bingham (I think he read what I wrote earlier on) especially that 65 minuter- so pleased for him!

Shaun Murphy has just lost a frame at the Masters on the three miss rule. Incredible from such a good player. In some trouble here as Allen should go 5-2 up in a race to six.

Ronnie O'Sullivan, what a player

Imperious. Seven straight frames? Phenomenal.

Yeah..he was 2-5 down and won 7 straight for his fourth welsh title to better higgins record

He played ridiculous snooker all week. Looks like he is finding the perfect balance, just playing the tournaments he wants to keep match sharp for the triple crown events and most of all enjoying it.

He's right on the edge, his Twitter feed is all over the shop.

Potentially the easiest worlds he will ever win, however just as likely to crash and burn to an Ebdon/Dott

Just watching the Players Championship on ITV4 and Mark Allen seems to get fatter with every tournament. He's always been short and stumpy but he's getting a massive belly on him now.

No he's got a way to go yet to match him!

I saw Bill play at Derby Assembly rooms back in my youth and he was huge and always had a pint on the go.

No he's got a way to go yet to match him!

I saw Bill play at Derby Assembly rooms back in my youth and he was huge and always had a pint on the go.

Didn't he have a doctors letter saying he needed to drink a certain number of pints in order to calm his nerves, or was that just a rumour?

Didn't he have a doctors letter saying he needed to drink a certain number of pints in order to calm his nerves, or was that just a rumour?

Not sure, but think that he was allowed to set the cost of this off against tax as well (though that might also be an 'old wives tale')

Dunno. But he'd usually had a few by the time he came on and drunk throughout the match.

Not sure, but think that he was allowed to set the cost of this off against tax as well (though that might also be an 'old wives tale')

Werbeniuk got through a few pints during a game. I am surprised he could see the balls by the end of the evening...!

Some are like that. I have a maximum of two before I play, I have played with players whose eye is better after 8 than 0!
One guy used to drink bottle after bottle of blue wkd and he got progressively better. Barmy.

All of the above are true to a certian extent, Sounds like he had an interesting life.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/2003/jan/24/guardianobituaries.snooker

the alcohol did have an impact as well as the weight. he needed to visit the toilet pretty frequently. i remember the frame against higgins when he'd won it but higgins carried on despite needing multiple snookers, of course knowing that bill needed a slash. he got pretty irate at higgins and started playing one handed which for some reason the ref warned him about.

another werbeniuk story was when he was in australia for a tournament. the UK players arrived later and they met up at a snooker club straight from the airport. werbeniuk could see they were knackered and saw a chance to make some money at £x per point. he played jimmy white and according to the player relating the story white made a 147 straight off. the player said, you should have seen the look on bill's face.

Back