• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

I’d take 50 for Jota but I don’t think they would actually be in for him at that price.

Wouldn't happen, they have Martial, Rashford and James to play off the left.

UK tabs are running with the Jota story now -recycled version. £50m.

Hypothetically would anyone do that? It's Utd so you'd rinse another £10m out of them and we have Neto and Podence who can replace him. I'd be tempted if that £60m was invested in 2 top signings to take us to the next level, in addition to say the £50m or so we are likely to spend anyway.

I think it was Kenny who said it was inevitable we'd lose someone eventually and if it were Jota the drop off wouldn't be as large as if it if were Boly, Raul or Neves for example. My biggest concern would be that this could unsettle others. From Jota's perspective I'm guessing the relative European positions will make a difference. With the City situation it's feasible that either us or Utd could be in the CL, EL or neither at the moment.
Thing is, would we get 2 players of enough quality for 50/60 million? Would have thought you need to spend that on one. Think we need to see how Podence turns out before thinking of offloading Jota

I would be absolutely devastated if we lost Jota this summer.

Me too, especially for just £50m

in his Athletic column David Ornstein says we pulled the plug on a late move for Edmond Tapsoba in January.

in his Athletic column David Ornstein says we pulled the plug on a late move for Edmond Tapsoba in January.

And that we might be back in for him during the summer.

That'll teach me to actually read the article properly...

Guardian has linked us to Saint-Maximin today...

Been linked a couple of times before too.

Could see it if Traore left, otherwise probably not.

Linked to Hirving Lozano in a couple of places this morning. Can't see it myself unless we know that a winger is leaving

I'd still be interested in Morgan Sanson, who Villa are now supposedly also interested in.

I'd still be interested in Morgan Sanson, who Villa are now supposedly also interested in.
He'd be great in the Championship for them.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

It's nothing more than 2+2 = 5 but if we're going to go for a centre mid I still think Renato Sanches makes too much sense

He's been playing wide right for Lille. Every chance they'll make the CL too and they'd also want profit on the €25m they paid for him, can't see it.

Oh, to be clear I don't necessarily think this summer (I'd be v. surprised if he leaves after 1 season - he needs some stability)

But at some point I think he will end up here

Back