• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Tetchy Rish! at it again

There's the old trope about people drifting more right wing as they age, but I'm 43 soon and I don't see that in any of my friends of similar age (accepting that I live in an echo chamber to an extent).

I don't personally know a single current Tory voter, at least that they'd admit to. Quite a few former Tory voters.

There's the old trope about people drifting more right wing as they age, but I'm 43 soon and I don't see that in any of my friends of similar age (accepting that I live in an echo chamber to an extent).

I don't personally know a single current Tory voter, at least that they'd admit to. Quite a few former Tory voters.
That was a thing when I was in my 20-30s, a lot of traditionally Labour voters defected to Conservative. I know quite a few Tory voters who are keeping quiet atm. I'm assuming some of those will still vote that way. One is a bit of a prick, the other 2 who I think might still vote Tory are very decent people, they're just deluded.

I know plenty of <40yo Tory voters, because their parents are and always have been.
You probe them, they can't respond to any reasoning and won't consider changing.

The older Tory voters are adamant that Labour will give all their money away to the immigrants and the "letters" people...

Coming from Kidderminster originally and now living in Worcester I know loads of Tories and pro Brexit idiots. In fact they're probably the majority of my friends and colleagues, this place (TWF).is a direct contradiction to the rest of my life.

My concern is not the 65-70+ people who have always voted Tory, its more the Reform lot who I suspect are mostly in the 50-65 group.

I get more left wing as I get older!

I guess it used to be more in your interests to vote Tory the older you got. But now they've shit all over everything voting Tory doesn't help anyone.

Last September he announced a billion quid investment in Tata steel Port Talbot, to safeguard jobs and future investment.

Tata steel announced 3000 job losses at Port Talbot this morning.

Any guesses who the owners of Tata are friendly with?
Yep Rishis in-laws drinks all round at their houses tonight I guess

Said it before but: grew up in the home counties, every time I got back to catch up with school friends down the pub and it turns to politics their attitudes towards the Tories range from baffled to outright hostility. And they live in what are traditionally the safest blue seats in the country. These are people settling down with kids, trying to buy their first house, working in stable middle class jobs, and none of them are making that switch to the right that's "supposed" to happen at that stage of life.

As one mate said to me last year: "I'm white, I'm in my 30s, I've started a traditional family, I'm a homeowner, and I'm Anglican - so why do even I feel like I've spent my entire life being insulted and belittled by them?"

I get that these encounters tend to be horrendous for politicians of all governing parties as Blair had an ear bashing at a hospital in the West Midlands but Sunak just doesn't seem to have any empathy at all when speaking to the public. Turning round and walking off in mid conversation, without even saying something along the lines of "sorry but I have to move on elsewhere" isn't a good look.

Panorama tonight & the state of disrepair in schools will be a tough watch.
Dept of Ed released a statement saying they need £5.3 billion pa to fund the repairs, but the treasury are only granting 3bn.

Fairly sure some may have an interest in the story, combined with iplayer access if they wish to pursue it.

Back