• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The CHRISTMAS Thread

Mrs HW and I want to go away next Christmas for two or three days (including Christmas Day) to a nice dog friendly hotel that does Christmas dinner. Any suggestions?

Merry Christmas you jive turkeys 🎄🎄🎄

Held fire buying a few bits from the clubshop pre Christmas. Happy to see they all have 40% off today.

Absolutely desperate to appear "normal"... Just comes across as a total freak

Absolutely desperate to appear "normal"... Just comes across as a total freak
He clearly has no Idea just how anti-social checkout queues are in reality. The operator would grunt in response to his questioning and the couple behind would be tutting and rolling their eyes at his wasting their time with his inane chatter!

Mrs HW and I want to go away next Christmas for two or three days (including Christmas Day) to a nice dog friendly hotel that does Christmas dinner. Any suggestions?

Hi HW, sorry but I’ve only just seen this.

There’s a place called The Wotton House Country Estate and Hotel which is really nice. It’s in Surrey, close to the Box and Leith Hills, so has some beautiful walks etc. I appreciate it’s not exactly around the corner from you, but sometimes a drive for 2/3 hours and a change of scenery is no bad thing.

They do a lovely 2 night (24th - 26th) Christmas break, with Christmas Eve dinner, C Day Lunch, breakfast, bubbly and I think there’s a gift of a nice hamper included too. They have a limited number of dog friendly rooms which come with a doggy bed and a few other nice touches also. It’s not cheap, but not extortionate either, and I suppose anywhere will be a good few quid for a Christmas stay with dinner. To be fair though, it is a lovely place to be with a pool and Spa, and with everything that’s included it does probably represent fair value for money.

Deals can be found on sites like Travelzoo/Secret Escapes which can represent huge savings to take advantage of. We’ve grabbed a couple of deals in the past and are off there with the dog to escape the madness on the 29th and 30th during the post-Christmas/pre-New Year lull. Not sure if those deals would be available for the Christmas package but you never know.

We all like different things of course, but it is essentially somewhere nice offering the dog-friendly Christmas break you were asking about.

No harm having a quick look.

Back