• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The CHRISTMAS Thread

Got a ginormous 10lb hunk of beef for tomorrow which is sitting in the fridge. With very little else as theres no room. It'll last us ages. The GF and I have been prepping stuff all day - its going to be awesome.

Off to the pub soon and then off for a curry.

Seasons greetings to you all - probably won't get chance to log on again before tomorrow so I hope everyone enjoys their day.

Away from early tomorrow & not back till the 27th - so a good Christmas to all on TWF

Peace & love to everyone.

Got a rather spiffing great beef rib on the bone, plus a turkey breast joint for those that want poultry. I fucking love beef rib on the bone.

I got a rib of beef too, plus a porcetta joint as the inlaws dont like their beef too pink....

Yup that's the plan. The mother in law would be putting it in now for lunch tomorrow....

As long as you sear the fat of a rib joint on the top of the oven to start it rendering, a beef rib really takes no time to cook at all. Overcooking roast beef is a culinary crime.

Finished work at 12, went home to sort some stuff out and then spent an hour or so driving back down to my parents and now I'm already bored.

Would rather have a week off at some random point in the year when I can just do my own thing and not have all this nonsense going on.

As we can't get sausage rolls and pork pie over in the states. This is the 3rd year of baking them
Managed to get some boddingtons too. So all is good in the Evans household!
Merry Christmas to all on the forum!

I’ve dressed my 2 year old as a reindeer. I’m pretty sure he will forgive me for this in the future

I’ve dressed my 2 year old as a reindeer. I’m pretty sure he will forgive me for this in the future

Make sure that you get some photo's - all parents need something to embarass them with when they get older :icon_biggrin:

As we can't get sausage rolls and pork pie over in the states. This is the 3rd year of baking them

No sausage rolls? The poor bastards.

Boddington's! You live in the US (with countless brilliant Craft Breweries) and have gone to the trouble of getting Boddington's?

I can totally relate to your post Ray after living there for 19 years.Fortunately for us the butchers in Gornal have fulfilled all our pastry needs this year.

Happy Christmas to you, and all on the Forum. May you all have a healthy one for you and your families.

Boddington's! You live in the US (with countless brilliant Craft Breweries) and have gone to the trouble of getting Boddington's?

He's probably put in a flake in it.

Boddingtons is the Bang Average Makamba of beer.

I can totally relate to your post Ray after living there for 19 years.Fortunately for us the butchers in Gornal have fulfilled all our pastry needs this year.

Happy Christmas to you, and all on the Forum. May you all have a healthy one for you and your families.

The queue outside Boxley's in Wombourne the past two mornings have been outrageous.

Back