• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The CHRISTMAS Thread

I'm stuck at work until 24/12. Hopefully it will be an early finish as we are driving up to Scotland (from Oxford) at whatever time we get out of the office - with an 8 month old and a 3 year old in the car! Not looking forward to the drive up (will be around 6.5 hours all being well) but am looking forward to some time away. Apart from the birth of my son, 2018 has been the worst year of my life and I can't wait to see the back of it. At least the Wolves have been doing well! There's your Christmas cheer!

Blimey, that's not going to be a relaxing drive! Hopefully your son sleeps through most of it!

Sorry to hear you've had a bad year mate, all the best for 2020.

Stop your whinging you bitch, I've just been made redundant after 30 years with the same company, stress levels have dropped , going to enjoy Christmas before having to worry about a future although the wife may smother me with a pillow first :)

That's shit timing. Good luck in the New Year Paul.

Stop your whinging you bitch, I've just been made redundant after 30 years with the same company, stress levels have dropped , going to enjoy Christmas before having to worry about a future although the wife may smother me with a pillow first :)

Not great news Paul. Hope they paid you off well and you find something less stressful in the new year.

Thats a crapper, been made redundant twice in the last 30 years, one after 16 years and one after 12 years. Hopefully you got a good bung and you can find something decent in the new year, good luck

Good luck, this is an opportunity for you!

Finished work until 2nd Jan - looking forward to spending some time with the family

Was about to chip in saying I'm working all through Christmas, but would rather that than be made redundant (which is a terrible turn of phrase...). ATB Paul.

I love it when public sector types moan about working late...don't know they're born, half of 'em.

30 year redundancy, eh? Big fat cheque to ease you out the door?

hope you find something better for you mate. good luck finding something.
I love it when public sector types moan about working late...don't know they're born, half of 'em.

30 year redundancy, eh? Big fat cheque to ease you out the door?
I'm not public sector. Think thats irrelevant though.

Hope you enjoy your xmas bud, getting laid off is shit but you sound like you can get yourself back up and ready in the new year. Been there, got the t shirt, I know you'll be good

Can I thank every one of you, your sentiments mean an awful lot to me.

Love you all
Paul
x

Well it really does feel like its Chriiiistmaaaas now for me, after yesterdays thing at my local, me and the missus got taken out by daughter and granddaughter to see a live performance of The Snowman with a full orchestra at Burton Town Hall, proper cheesy but brilliant.....Burton Town Hall is a lovely old building btw

Last of the shopping done today. Everything wrapped and around the tree. Discussing with Squeeze the cooking timings for Wednesday as shit sort of has to run like clockwork with our Christmas Day schedule.

Yep - its nearly here. Morrisons was like hell on earth this morning. Absolutely ridiculous.

Lost my nan last year on christmas day this year I’ve got my son so it’s going to be a positive christmas

Yep - its nearly here. Morrisons was like hell on earth this morning. Absolutely ridiculous.

Went to iceland in Cleveley’s and it was like hell on earth, they’ve even put security tags on the turkeys

I went to Aldi this morning about 10am and while it was fairly busy, it was no worse than normal.

Back