• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The CHRISTMAS Thread

It didn't even get sung at karaoke at me local last Friday...

I've heard it every day for at least the last week and a half.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/two-metre-long-pig-in-blanket/p/021470322510200

0_aldi-saus.png

Fuck - just got Whammed. In the new Bathams pub of all places.

Ah well - I heard it on December 1st last year so that's a huge improvement.

School run finished at 3pm home at 4... now off till the 27th happy happy days

Also planet rock played Slade earlier... rather christmassy for them

I played Santa at the works do today. Me. Santa. F fs!

Well done you, anyone sit on your knee?

Did that for 15 yrs when I worked in Primary Schools

Pre Saville sitting on knees wasn't recommended - post him it was verboten & ultimately had another adult dressed as an elf (whether they wanted to or not) in the room as well. Wouldn't mind, but I had been checked out through every register you could think of before I was offered the post I held.

To Salisbury to get the final presents etc. today - wasn't raining when I set off (car as only about 40% of the trains are running down here & even those aren't guaranteed) but pissing down when I got there. Wasn't prepared to make 2 journeys so got what I needed, but had to have a complete change of clothes when I got home.

This month has been ridiculous! Firstly, increase in workload owing to the strikes of colleagues. Then, immediately after, massive bug swept around work, so colleagues (including strikers) were off sick.
Massive increase in workload. I'm been flat out all month, and had to stay late a few times.
The above is surely evidenced by my reduced volume of posting in december.
However, finally on top of everything. Planned a to do list for when I return.
Am about to lock up the office and go home for a week and a half, when I will at least be able to post inane drivel again!

Enjoy the break LJ.

I'll be finishing in about an hour and am off until 2nd January. We have the auditors in this morning for our end of year stock take so it's not exactly a relaxing finish!

I'm stuck at work until 24/12. Hopefully it will be an early finish as we are driving up to Scotland (from Oxford) at whatever time we get out of the office - with an 8 month old and a 3 year old in the car! Not looking forward to the drive up (will be around 6.5 hours all being well) but am looking forward to some time away. Apart from the birth of my son, 2018 has been the worst year of my life and I can't wait to see the back of it. At least the Wolves have been doing well! There's your Christmas cheer!

This month has been ridiculous! Firstly, increase in workload owing to the strikes of colleagues. Then, immediately after, massive bug swept around work, so colleagues (including strikers) were off sick.
Massive increase in workload. I'm been flat out all month, and had to stay late a few times.
The above is surely evidenced by my reduced volume of posting in december.
However, finally on top of everything. Planned a to do list for when I return.
Am about to lock up the office and go home for a week and a half, when I will at least be able to post inane drivel again!

Stop your whinging you bitch, I've just been made redundant after 30 years with the same company, stress levels have dropped , going to enjoy Christmas before having to worry about a future although the wife may smother me with a pillow first :)

Back