• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The CHRISTMAS Thread

Booked Friday off to go to Merry Hill because I'm a tit

Good luck.

Think I've been shopping to Merry Hill once, and hated it there.

Well we're in Tier 3 so I'm guessing I can't go anyway ha.

Used to do Baden Baden and Heidelberg markets every year, used to love it apart from my loathing of gluhwein :)

Went to Aachen last year about this time and it was brilliant. The British Christmas markets are a bit shit in comparison

EDIT: and the Gluwein was attacked at every opportunity!

Good luck.

Think I've been shopping to Merry Hill once, and hated it there.
Been a couple of times with mil.....grim.
All modern shopping centres are horrible, in the past I used to know what I was going for, where to get it.......in and out asap.
Online shopping is bliss

Small spray of self tanning behind number 6, tested it out, if I'd put it on my face I'd look like a female version of Donald Trump. Yesterday's was hair removal cream😂

The wine Advent is going much better , only 1 crap one so far.

If you didn't think it could get shittier, day 7- a pair of tweezers.

Watched Die Hard yesterday, watch it every year, always enjoy it.

After having had Turkey for every Christmas dinner that I can remember, this year I'm thinking of having a change. Goose maybe. Anyone else have goose??

Had goose the other day (from Lidl of all places), was nice - not much to it, but enough. Miles better than Turkey (but then so is anything this side of a skip).

After having had Turkey for every Christmas dinner that I can remember, this year I'm thinking of having a change. Goose maybe. Anyone else have goose??
I should say I dont eat meat. But Duck is the way to go for simplicity if you have to have a bird. Watch Nigel Slaters Christmas menu on iplayer. He does it perfectly. Programmes - BBC Food

Reactions: PPB
Had goose the other day (from Lidl of all places), was nice - not much to it, but enough. Miles better than Turkey (but then so is anything this side of a skip).
See I don't understand why turkey gets a thumbs down from lots of people. With a good stuffing, cranberries, and when cooked right it's lovely........you watch, I'll end up with it again this year 😆

See I don't understand why turkey gets a thumbs down from lots of people. With a good stuffing, cranberries, and when cooked right it's lovely........you watch, I'll end up with it again this year 😆
It just doesn't taste of much - thats why you need the stuffing and cranberries. You could have the same with a much better tasting meat.

Jamie Oliver's Christmas show last night was really good - gave us some good tips!

I watched that the other day! Agree, it did look perfect.
I thought his whole menu was pretty damn good. Simple and effective with no horrid prep. The starters could be made in advance as could the trifle. The HOTPOT is sooooooo on my list of things to cook over the festive season. Its making my mouth water just thinking about it.

I'm not a fan of turkey either. Much rather have pork.

Back