• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The CHRISTMAS Thread

You don't like stuffing, I love it. Not your fancy chestnut stuff or sausage and apple shite,Good old sage and onion,with plenty of onion in it. Love the crispy bits. Don't like the jars of cranberry sauce, has to be made with fresh ones.
Not so much don't like it more not fussed if it is there or not.

Be a different christmas for me this year - not going to see family as 1 son & wife have contracted Covid so have volunteered to help coordinate the town's christmas lunch for those alone.

Can't be done as a central communal meal this year for obvious reasons so lunches & goodie bags being delivered out with the bonus that volunteers can have a meal reserved for them to take home when they finish - cooked by a local proffesional chef so probably better than I would have produced myself (so won't have a choice of what it is).

Going to have to look out the thermal socks, hat & gloves though as my role is to control the drivers in and out of the collection point so as only 2 are in at any one point. Could well be cold!
good man

There is a slight irony as I am on my own anyway (though not if I am volunteering) - should have said that it's for the more vulnerable as well which I (still) don't consider myself to be despite Gov age advice.
Good on ya Parkin. Wrap up warm, you know how the elderly feel the cold 😜

3 for Christmas dinner. I wanted goose for a change, hubby doesn't fancy that. Hubby wanted duck, I don't fancy that. Moms never had goose and doesn't fancy duck.

Fuck me anyone for a nice piece of beef!

Am I sensing you aren't as much ' Bah humbugish' as in previous years? 😀
I detest the commercial bollocks that is often what is Christmas and the unnecessary waste of food and useless gifts. Fortunately COVID-19 has changed that somewhat. Just because I dont like it much doesnt mean I have to spoil others enjoyment.

3 for Christmas dinner. I wanted goose for a change, hubby doesn't fancy that. Hubby wanted duck, I don't fancy that. Moms never had goose and doesn't fancy duck.

Fuck me anyone for a nice piece of beef!
Then it has to be a rib of beef!

Reactions: PPB
I detest the commercial bollocks that is often what is Christmas and the unnecessary waste of food and useless gifts. Fortunately COVID-19 has changed that somewhat. Just because I dont like it much doesnt mean I have to spoil others enjoyment.
So much different for everyone this year, but I bet we all still get a useless gift.

Haven't missed the shopping, I will miss going in a pub this Christmas, will miss us cooking for all the family, and don't think I'll bother with a Christmas Day outfit this year. It will be differnt, but hopefully still enjoy it.

Thing is no-one needs to do any of those things and its still possible to have a great and special time

I wish you'd apply this thought process to a matchday thread 😉

Good on ya Parkin. Wrap up warm, you know how the elderly feel the cold 😜
Will be- have found the thermal socks, gloves & hat and may look like the Michelin Man with the number of layers I have on the rest of me!

I defy anyone to say 'We love our Turkey [full stop]'. Its always ...with stuffing, cranberry, PiB etc.
yep, with my main man kenny on this one. happily eat turkey full stop. but all foods are enhanced with additional foods, PiB are another item on the plate. there will also be roasters, and veg, and gravy. None of that means that properly cooked turkey can't be enjoyed.

I think you could've only eaten dry, overcooked turkey.

Reactions: PPB
We all enjoy turkey, and can't say that we have ever had a dry one. Also enjoy making a curry with the leftovers.

To turkey lovers, fresh or frozen??

We all enjoy turkey, and can't say that we have ever had a dry one. Also enjoy making a curry with the leftovers.

Get something that will do me for 2 meals - the rest get hand fed to the cat as that's her christmas treat

yep, with my main man kenny on this one. happily eat turkey full stop. but all foods are enhanced with additional foods, PiB are another item on the plate. there will also be roasters, and veg, and gravy. None of that means that properly cooked turkey can't be enjoyed.

I think you could've only eaten dry, overcooked turkey.
It’s not even about it being dry, it just doesn’t taste of anything.

Question for the lovers of eating overgrown ugly birds, why do you only eat it once per year if it’s so good? Why not have it once a week or more often if it’s so tasty?

we've gone fresh the past 5-6 years, but have done frozen also.
again it's down to the cooking. Don't over-cook it, and you've got a nice meal.

The turkey we don't eat with the meal goes into the slo cooker the next day, with gravy. We get a load of part baked baguettes, cook them and have hot turkey sandwiches. With Stuffing!!! (if that's allowed...;))

It’s not even about it being dry, it just doesn’t taste of anything.

Question for the lovers of eating overgrown ugly birds, why do you only eat it once per year if it’s so good? Why not have it once a week or more often if it’s so tasty?
I do eat it more frequently. But I don't like red meat, so don't eat that.

The only thing I like about turkey is the tradition of having the cold leftovers on Boxing Day with some fried potatoes.

Back