• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The CHRISTMAS Thread

As traditional pork pies are really hard to get a hold of over here. We'll be making a batch of both traditional and gala pies next week. Quite looking forward to it

Not a big fan of Turkey, don't hate it but my missus insists we have it for Christmas, never tried goose but do like a bit of duck.

Don't think I've ever had goose or duck. What are they like?

These could become a regular fixture in our house this year.

biscoff-mince-pie-1605261108.jpg
Had one of the normal Aldi Almond Mince Tarts today - was very good, but that might just be because it was the first mince pie I've had this year.

mrs jelly made her own mince pies as a trial recently. they were ace!
we love our turkey, with pigs in blankets.

mrs jelly made her own mince pies as a trial recently. they were ace!
we love our turkey, with pigs in blankets.
I defy anyone to say 'We love our Turkey [full stop]'. Its always ...with stuffing, cranberry, PiB etc.

You can say that of any meat though ?
I was gonna say that, pork apple sauce, lamb mint sauce, beef Yorkshire pud horseradish mustard, steak fried onions (or baked beans if you are me ) No one just has the meat surely? Maybe they do I don't know.

Sorry mate I will defend your honour to the end, but that is just a level of bizarre I wish to disassociate myself from :)
I honestly can't see what's wrong with it, I've always had them together 😂

Do you want to hear something else bizarre, I've never had fried onions with my steak. Done them for my husband, but I never have them with my steak. Fried onions are for me Hot Dogs.

WTF, Asda by me haven't any tins of Roses.

Look, I care for you and would hate to see the inevitable 'pile on' this is going to cause, can you please just say it was a pork steak, please (y)

• Haha
Reactions: PPB
Look, I care for you and would hate to see the inevitable 'pile on' this is going to cause, can you please just say it was a pork steak, please (y)
It was a big fuck off T Bone 😂

Be a different christmas for me this year - not going to see family as 1 son & wife have contracted Covid so have volunteered to help coordinate the town's christmas lunch for those alone.

Can't be done as a central communal meal this year for obvious reasons so lunches & goodie bags being delivered out with the bonus that volunteers can have a meal reserved for them to take home when they finish - cooked by a local proffesional chef so probably better than I would have produced myself (so won't have a choice of what it is).

Going to have to look out the thermal socks, hat & gloves though as my role is to control the drivers in and out of the collection point so as only 2 are in at any one point. Could well be cold!

I defy anyone to say 'We love our Turkey [full stop]'. Its always ...with stuffing, cranberry, PiB etc.
I love properly cooked Turkey. Not a fan of stuffing and cranberry can get in the fookin bin.

I love properly cooked Turkey. Not a fan of stuffing and cranberry can get in the fookin bin.
You don't like stuffing, I love it. Not your fancy chestnut stuff or sausage and apple shite,Good old sage and onion,with plenty of onion in it. Love the crispy bits. Don't like the jars of cranberry sauce, has to be made with fresh ones.

Back