• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The CHRISTMAS Thread

rather suspect some houses with lights up are celebrating diwali
Indeed. The house opposite is owned by hindu doctors. The house is like Blackpool illuminations. I don't mind them celebrating buy the lights glare on to one of my televisions

I've been working today selling our game at Living North Xmas Market at Newcastle Racecourse: it's October and I already have Xmas songs stuck in my head. Just fucking shoot me.

Plus side we sold a load of copies of Strong Point.

1669292815719.jpg

Best mince pies so far this year....

I'll pass, not really a gingerbread fan. Will say though the quality of general mince pies has been shocking this year. Presumably cost cutting is the reason but most basic ones I've had have been really shit...

mrs jelly is a big gingerbread fan. got her a bottle of gingerbread mulled wine from aldi the other day. May i ask where these are from @machin05 ?
Lidl, mate.

And don't fear the gingerbread. I'm not usually a fan either, but it's very subtle in these mince pies. Just a mere suggestion that seems to elevate the other spices as much as, if not more than, imparting any predominant ginger flavour itself.

Lidl, mate.

And don't fear the gingerbread. I'm not usually a fan either, but it's very subtle in these mince pies. Just a mere suggestion that seems to elevate the other spices as much as, if not more than, imparting any predominant ginger flavour itself.
As good as your beer reviews were!

Salt on caramel? Hard pass from me. I need to get my arse over to M&S, but it's all the way to the other side of town...

Salt on caramel? Hard pass from me. I need to get my arse over to M&S, but it's all the way to the other side of town...
How can you have never heard of or tried salted caramel? Its been around on loads of stuff for years!

Oh I've heard of it. It is an abomination on the same level as pineapple on pizza.
Salt on chips, yes please. Salt on sweet things? Fuck no, obviously.

Acidity/saltiness with sweetness is a combination as old as time. Sometimes in the morning on toast/crumpets I get a tiny bit of jam on my marmite when I cut them in half. Tastes nice but I wouldn't want a load of it.

Same as bacon jam or honey glazed meats.

I've never been able to wrap my head around PB & J. It's stuff only yanks really like.

I mainly didn't try it as I though the Jelly was actually Jelly which would have been deeply weird.

Back