• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Definitive TWF Worst Wolves XI Thread

Harewood vs Blues is possibly the worst Wolves debut I've ever seen. Appalling. From a bloke who was playing for a permanent deal as well.

Don't. It still gets me angry thinking about it now. I genuinely turned to my dad and said "if they let me down there and gave me a shirt, I could do a better job than him".

I doubt Harewood will even make my striker shortlist. That shows how woeful some of our strikers have been!

Harewood beat the Blues performance away at Barnsley. His golden chance to get a deal with a Premier League team and he strolled around the pitch for 45 minutes like some Rohan Ricketts tribute act.

At least he contributed to promotion when we beat Derby away 3-2.

Harewood beat the Blues performance away at Barnsley. His golden chance to get a deal with a Premier League team and he strolled around the pitch for 45 minutes like some Rohan Ricketts tribute act.

I was there for that too. No wonder he is scarred in my memory!

Absolutely. That game alone will probably 'win' him a place in my 6.

Darron Gibson? I know he was often palmed out on the wing, but...

Darron Gibson? I know he was often palmed out on the wing, but...

He's going somewhere in my CM 6 I reckon. Gutless fraud. I couldn't stand him.

Pairing him and Seyi in a game against Albion (well any game, but especially that one) was not Mick's smartest move.

Jones
Halford
Gibson

Nearly plumped for Niestroj, especially when i saw that Wikipedia claims we spent 500k on him (i thought it was 50k?) but he was more average than terrible like the 3 above.

Jones
Halford
Gibson

Nearly plumped for Niestroj, especially when i saw that Wikipedia claims we spent 500k on him (i thought it was 50k?) but he was more average than terrible like the 3 above.

It was definitely a few hundred grand. Lee called him "one for the future". Erm, Col, he's just about to turn 22 so he's not exactly a kid, and we don't have much money.

Looked like a little boy lost whenever he did play.

Harewoods cross for Keogh at Derby should see him safe..

And not even the worst Chapman, although I didn't see Cavan play, but as I said previously Ray Hankin apart I won't be picking anyone else from that era, it's not their fault they were playing at a level way beyond their ability.

And not even the worst Chapman, although I didn't see Cavan play, but as I said previously Ray Hankin apart I won't be picking anyone else from that era, it's not their fault they were playing at a level way beyond their ability.

I agree to an extent but Campbell chapman must be the most feeble player to ever wear the Old Gold. He tackled like a fairy and looked like he'd be blown away if the wind approached 4 on the Beaufort Scale.

For me it's:
1. Ricketts
2. Halford
3. Darron Gibson

I was going to go with Gibson as he was fairly dire at right midfield for us but I thought it wasn't ALL his fault being played somewhere which clearly doesn't suit him

Sunday league football was the best level for most of them, but the thread title defines it as the worst Wolves players, and my goodness many of them from the dark days fall into that category.

Sunday league football was the best level for most of them, but the thread title defines it as the worst Wolves players, and my goodness many of them from the dark days fall into that category.
I'm not having a go at you Frank, each to his own and what you class as the worst is your own interpretation. On a pure footballing level Chapman was worse than Pennant, Oldroyd worse than Ashley etc, but I've chosen to go with either disappointments or people who plainly didn't try. Darren Anderton won 30 England caps, but he'll be number 1 in my pick of central midfielders, the disinterested, lazy twat.

Back