• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

I watched Jumanji again last night, how retro am I :)

aligoffice.jpg

She can't act, but then again, she wasn't cast for her ability to.

She looked better than that after a bottle of red.

So you couldnt have apreciated Ali G for its artistic integrity, you had to reduce it to a base level, shame on you :)

Oh another thing about the Other Boleyn Girl - why the fuck did they decide to omit loads of stuff from the novel, and add some ficticious crap in it's place?! Didn't make sense, seemed to move at a million miles an hour.

I actually think I'll downgrade my opinion of it from 'poor' to 'crap'.

Its always the same, I think its in everyones interest never to see a film when you've already read the novel !

I think the film of American Psycho was superior to the book. Probably because I'm mega gay for Christian Bale.

Jaws the film > Jaws the book.

Not difficult. The shark just dies for no reason in the book, which is shite.

I Sky +ed and watched Christine...safe to say it's not one of Stephen King's finest moments. Still, it reminded me of the great PWEI song 'X, Y and Zee'...

I think the film of American Psycho was superior to the book. Probably because I'm mega gay for Christian Bale.

It doesn't surprise me - the bit about american psycho that is.

after all, if you put a small flower on a pile of steaming shit it should improve the overall look.

Patrick Bateman: Do you like Huey Lewis and The News?
Paul Allen: They're OK.
Patrick Bateman: Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humor.
Paul Allen: Hey Halberstram.
Patrick Bateman: Yes, Allen?
Paul Allen: Why are their copies of the style section all over the place, d-do you have a dog? A little chow or something?
Patrick Bateman: No, Allen.
Paul Allen: Is that a rain coat?
Patrick Bateman: Yes it is! In '87, Huey released this, Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.
[raises axe above head]
Patrick Bateman: Hey Paul!
[he bashes Allen in the head with the axe, and blood splatters over him]
Patrick Bateman: TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU FUCKING STUPID BASTARD! YOU, FUCKING BASTARD!

Love it.

I watched Inception the other night, and I must be the only one not all that impressed with it!

I watched Inception the other night, and I must be the only one not all that impressed with it!

Its the biggest pile of shite ive ever had the misfortune to watch.

I'd have to say that while the first had its moments, the plot was a little bit thin, in that the central joke was that Bernie was dead.

Imagine that, again, with none of the good bits.

Back