• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

I think the writers got a bit lost with the "dream within a dream thats in another dream thats also in another dream" The film dresses itself up as being really deep, but I thought it was very laboured viewing. I much prefered The Expendables. Complete bullshit film, but it dosn't pretend to be anything else!
Weirdly enough I have 'The Expendables' sitting on my living room coffee table. I should watch it at some point.

Just finished Inception, I thought it was great (awesome soundtrack BTW). The second half of it made up for the drama that was Stoke.
Anyway about the ending, for the people that have watched it,

SPOILER ALERT (POSSIBLY)

==========================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

,what do you think it was? Reality or limbo (dream), I'm gonna go for limbo.

Keep meaning to bump this so thanks Loonse. Seen a few films recently:

Up: Brilliant. Loved it. Charming from start to finish. And I want one of those dogs.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1: I'm a Potter nerd, so was pleased they decided to split the last book into 2 films, as there's so much to fit in. They really did it justice, cut out what they should have cut out and changed the correct things. Impressed.

Skyline: probably the least original film I've seen in ages. Shite acting, impressive special effects that couldn't save a completely pointless plot with characters that make Nick Clegg look interesting.

Little Fockers: Saw this last night - fucking brilliant. The chemistry between Stiller and De Niro was fantastic. Very stupid in parts, but an enjoyable 90 minutes entertainment - and you won't read that sentence too often on a Wolves forum at the moment.

I too meant to resurrect this thread. I've watched 2 great films in the last couple of weeks, very different from one another.

Kickass- totally brilliant, loved it from first minute to last. A fantastic take on the 'Superhero' genre, genuine humour and 'feel-good'ness, laced with total violence and shock value. The girl in it is fantastic.

The Blindside- no wonder Sandra Bullock won an Oscar for this, she is superb in it. Another feel good film, woman with a heart of gold and tough exterior changes the life of a young kid who had no future. Terrific performances and a true story. Thought it was a very, very good film. The American Football side of it is there, but it's not the main element of the film and you don't have to sit through lots of it. Well worth watching, almost just for Sandra Bullock's performance IMO.

Agreed there Toon, i've seen and enjoyed both of those films.

Kickass is one of the best films I've seen in a long time, very very original, funny, shocking and moving.

I watched Harry Brown they other night, which is worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

I saw Dogma for the first time on Easter Sunday. Most enjoyable piss-take of religion.

I saw "Submarine" at the Electric Cinema in Birmingham last week. Some funny scenes but the highlight of the evening was the Purity Gold Ale that was available on the Text waitress service.

What do people think of Scott Pilgrim?

I was unsure after watching it the first time. It was bizzare with all the flashy effects for such a geeky story. The soundtrack I really enjoyed though. I recently watched it again and think it's brilliant fun.

(the video game is shit though)

Saw Thor the other night - great stuff. Nice to see a super hero film that cuts down on the chat and delivers on the action. For fans of dull super hero films there be no finer examples than Ang Lees Hulk or Superman Returns.

Back