• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Wonder Woman. Someone owes me big time for making me sit through that. Even her costume was shite

Wonder Woman. Someone owes me big time for making me sit through that. Even her costume was shite

saw this on facebook from a female friend yesterday..
i-am-wonder-woman-i-wonder-where-i-left-my-keys-i-wonder-where-i-put-my-purse-i-wonder-where-my-.jpg

Just started watching A Hologram For The King.

Not one of your best Tom.

Never ages. I went to the cinema five times to watch it when it came out.

Finally got around to going to see Wonder Woman. Easily the best DC by far. Gal Gadot was really good and the tone of the film was spot on. Some impressive fight scenes too. Not quite as good as the best Marvel stuff but better than a fair few of the others.

Baby Driver - brilliant entertainment. Fantastic car chase stuff and an amazing soundtrack. Well worth going to see in the cinema.

Make sure you report back on that, DDW - I want to see it as it looks awesome.

Finally got around to going to see Wonder Woman. Easily the best DC by far. Gal Gadot was really good and the tone of the film was spot on. Some impressive fight scenes too. Not quite as good as the best Marvel stuff but better than a fair few of the others.

Have t seen it yet but I can't see me personally thinking it will be better than The Dark Knight.

Have t seen it yet but I can't see me personally thinking it will be better than The Dark Knight.
Not as good as TDK, it's up there, some CGI was a bit off but it was most enjoyable.

I often forget the Nolan Batman films, which I shouldn't. I'd agree that Dark Knight was better.

Just back from Baby Driver. It's not as good as all the hype IMO, but Edgar Wright has that knack of making films exceedingly stylish and lots of fun. He has that Tarantino-esque skill of making the camera and soundtrack characters in the film. Elgort and Jon Hamm were both great, and Foxx was clearly enjoying himself.

As a film/story I'd give it a 6 but I probably enjoyed it slightly more than a 6/10 rating.

What is it about Chris Nolan films that people enjoy so much? Batman Begins is the only one of his I've seen that I actually thought was a good film. The Dark Knight especially baffles me; the pacing in that movie is atrocious.

What is it about Chris Nolan films that people enjoy so much? Batman Begins is the only one of his I've seen that I actually thought was a good film. The Dark Knight especially baffles me; the pacing in that movie is atrocious.

He tells excellent stories with involvingly dark characters. His characters drive his films and his use of only 3 or 4 is excellent rarely falling into the tropes of the genre he is in at that time. I don't think his handling of action is great but his use of the camera, vast landscapes and particularly dark colours is involving.

Interstellar, Momento and the Prestige are all excellent stories with wonderful special effects used at the right time.

Importantly his actors are believable.

The Dark Knight is magnificent. It is dark as a dark thing from dark land. Nolan is the only one to really get Gotham right for me.

It is the only DC movie that comes close to the best of the Marvel stuff.

The Dark Knight is magnificent. It is dark as a dark thing from dark land. Nolan is the only one to really get Gotham right for me.

It is the only DC movie that comes close to the best of the Marvel stuff.

It's miles better than any of the Marvel films IMO.

I think it is comparing apples and oranges. The Dark Knight is a stand alone piece of magnificence. But the Marvel Cinematic Universe is an ensemble piece really. Iron Man (all three films) and Avengers Assemble are brilliant too.

But putting Dark Knight in the DC Universe (while essentially correct) is a bit of an oddity. There is no ensemble at that point. It would be like including the Sam Raimi Spiderman films in MCU (Spidey couldn't be included until Civil War because of IP issues).

Back