• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Watching a movie called I am Sam.. Truly touching

Mindhorn

Totally stupid, puerile British comedy with Julian Barrett in the title role which isn't dissimilar to Alpha Papa. And also has Steve Coogan in it. Nothing original here whatsoever but it's a bloody fun film. It feels like a film version of a TV programme though.

Got round to watching the Big Short. Really enjoyable way of telling the Michael Lewis book. But then I am a fan of the author.

This telling makes all the financial institutions, standards agencies and governments complicit. A very sad reality.

Watched Trainspotting 2 last night.

Superb - handled perfectly. If they tried to out do the original, it would have fallen flat on its face so they tried a totally different direction and I think it worked. All the main cast are awesome - especially Robert Carlyle who was at his psychotic best as Begbie.

It's not in the same league as the first film but as I said, I don't think it was trying to be. The original is one of the greatest films ever made - this is a very decent 'what happened next?' type follow up.

Watching Black Hawk Down for the first time and it's amazing how many famous faces are in it!! Just from recognition and not looking at the cast list:

Obi Wan Kenobi
Jaime Lannister
Lucius Malfoy
Legolas
The Hulk
Ronnie/Reggie Kray
Will Graham
Aaron Pierce

TBF that'd be a badass squad.

John Wick 2
Loved the first one but this was just utter rubbish.
Might as well have saved himself the trouble of not killing the wench in the first place cos now hes worse off.

Yeah it was leave your brain at the door stuff but ok.

I watched Passengers and T2 this week. T2 wasn't as good as I was hoping but still enjoyable and a good conclusion to the story. Passengers was slightly better than expected. And nice to have a completely standalone film that isn't trying to set up sequels or a "universe".

Oh and the new Jack Reacher. Fairly nuts and bolts action film but decent enough.

Oh and the new Jack Reacher. Fairly nuts and bolts action film but decent enough.

I thought it was horrific but then I can't get used to Tom Cruise playing a 6'4" beast of a man. And I quite liked the book too.

I thought it was horrific but then I can't get used to Tom Cruise playing a 6'4" beast of a man. And I quite liked the book too.

Still refuse to watch a Jack Reacher film with him as the lead role. And I was a big fan of the books.

You wouldn't watch a biopic of Pele starring Frank Nouble, would you?

Street Cat Named Bob. Loved this one.

Maybe not one for Langers.

Street Cat Named Bob. Loved this one.

Maybe not one for Langers.

I have to like cats these days. TBF I do a good job of it and they do actually entertain me.

I don't think the books translate well to film anyway and would be far better as a TV series as a lot of them are sequential.

Are you seeing how long they can float in a sack with bricks tied to the bottom?

My better half adores her cats. If I was to even look at them in a funny way, she'd batter the shit out of me.

Perversely, one of her cats hates absolutely everyone except my GF. And now, me as well it seems. It's scared of and gives aggro to anything else, living or inanimate. But jumps on me at 3am wanting me to feed it. FFS. I try very hard to get on with them - they can actually be quite amusing.

Back