• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

It doesn't really tease that much does it? Mind you, they don't need to. Big sign saying Star Wars and the date would do just fine.

It shows fuck all and gives nothing away but yep - logo and date is all it needed.

Logan - Enjoyed this and it is a far more grown up movie rather any of the other Marvel movies at the moment. And a lot less boring too.

Zootropolis - Started out just putting it on for the kids and I think I was more interested in it by the end. A brilliant animation, clever, funny and enough to keep the kids enthralled.

Moana - standard Disney crap they churn out year after year. Makes Frozen look original and fun. Only good song was the one written and performed by Jermaine from Flight of the Conchords.

Arrival - so good I made the missus watch it and she loved it. A real genius thinking movie.

Saw The Boss Baby with the kids earlier.

I'd rather have watched 90 minutes of post match interviews from Rafa Benitez. Absolute purgatory.

Urghh, going to see it next week :( thought it might be similar to sing (which I really enjoyed!)

Watched Ghostbusters this afternoon with the girls and I'd have rather watched Boss Baby again. Fucking terrible film.

I really enjoyed it. Nowhere near as bad as people were making out. Although Hemsworth was awful.

I really enjoyed it. Nowhere near as bad as people were making out. Although Hemsworth was awful.
I thought Hemsworth was the only decent thing about it, and he wasn't exactly great. It was dreadful otherwise.

Also have to echo the praise for Arrival - terrific film. I was expecting something like Independence Day so was very pleasantly surprised by it.

Arrival's a great film. I'm biased, obviously, as Amy Adams has a bit of a thing for me.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - really good film to watch with the kids. Very enjoyable. Getting very bored of Eddie Redmayne and his posh awkwardness though.

I couldn't stand fantastic beasts, pretty much nothing happened. My sons a big Potter fan and he didn't enjoy it, but dumbledores in the sequel so we'll still have to watch it!

I get that on Fantastic Beasts. Rest of my family love it but I find it really meh.

Got a NOW tv movies pass this month so trying to get some movies in.

Zootropolis - excellent family fun. Typical of the genre and I really enjoyed it.

Spy - absolutely fucking hilarious. Brilliant fun.

I loved Spy, one of Jason Stathams best roles, and one of my favorite films is Snatch :)

Sausage Party - very funny, lewd and downright filthy. God knows how many drugs they took writing this but it worked for them. (There's an injoke right there if you've seen it).

I found sausage party very funny but I think it was purely the shock factor that did it so I can't imagine enjoying it anywhere near as much a second time.

I thought fantastic beasts was fairly decent but I do find Redmayne very annoying

Fantastic Beasts was very disappointing. Redmayne was crap, and the whole of his storyline took away from the important magical stuff going on.

I didn't like Fantastic Beasts but thought Redmayne was good. Best thing in it anyway. Trying to Americanise Harry Potter doesn't work.

Agreed it was odd with all the MACUSA and No-Maj stuff.

I've just bought myself a Cineworld Umlimited Card. Alien ticket already booked for Friday afternoon! Tempted to go down and see Guardians 2 this afternoon now as well.

Back