• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

De Niro seems to have a lot of well-known films that aren't so good and then a bunch of little-known films that are staggeringly good.

De Niro seems to have a lot of well-known films that aren't so good and then a bunch of little-known films that are staggeringly good.

One of my favourite De Niro films is The Fan. He plays the part brilliantly.

Anyone else never ever seen any Star Wars films?

Saw The Duke Of Burgundy last night........Strickland is fucking awesome.

' Unbroken ' The extremely brave story of Louis Zamperini. From Olympic distance runner to prisioner of war. Who not only survived hell on earth from the Japanese bastards, but did it in a way that makes you think about the human fighting spirit. Talk about 'I get knocked down, but I get up again'!

At the end when it showed you the real Louis Zamperini, I am not ashamed to admit my eyes were not dry.

I only found it ok rather than brilliant. Good performance though.

Watched Northern Soul last night on Sky, it might give the impression from the title that it's aimed at a particular genre and age group but it's a very good film and if you've enjoyed films like East is East i would give it a go.

I've got this lined up to watch - looking forward to it.

Ironically, when my mates were going off to Wigan to dance the night away, I thought Soul music was crap and played some more heavy metal.

I'm not a musical snob anymore - I like both genres!

I watched Fury last night. Enjoyed it, decent war film. Brad Pitt is surprisingly ok in it.

Looking forward to ' Still Alice ' coming out on DVD. Although dont think its until July .

If I was a lesbian then Julianne Moore would be my kind of gal. Think shes lovely.

Finally just watched twelve years a slave. Very difficult viewing, but an absolutely tremendous film.

The Gambler with Mark Wahlberg. Watchable, but it doesn't scream 'watch me again'

Back