• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

The Wire is great, although S02 (I think) was really weak compared to the others.

The Wire is great, although S02 (I think) was really weak compared to the others.

I've heard a lot of people say that, i think it's a really important season that holds the whole story 1-5 together.

From my own point of view series 4 was my favourite, a masterpiece.

Not sure I could separate any of them, though S1 is probably my favourite just because of the impact of watching something so good.

I’m not sure if I actually watched all 5 seasons. May have to go back and watch them all.

As a slight aside, years ago I read the autobiography of the lady that plays Snoop. She had a proper shitty upbringing.

LAPD Detective to Imperial Captain - Harry Bosch has made a strange career change.

1605369510961.png

I think she'd been it 2 series before I realised she was a woman

Still need to finish Bosch, think I only watched the first two seasons. Didn't realise there were six!

Started The Wire and to be honest found the first episode as dull as fuck. I’ll stick with it.

Second episode was a bit better. Doesn’t help that I can’t stand three of the actors although it was good to see Sugar from Banshee make an appearance.

The Shield
Breaking Bad (+ Better Call Saul)
GoT
Money Heist

I know I cheated a bit putting five there but they’re all class.
I enjoyed Money Heist. Final season was due to be filmed this year IIRC.

Getting more into The Wire now after three episodes, shouldn’t be too hard to binge.

Getting more into The Wire now after three episodes, shouldn’t be too hard to binge.
Unlike a lot of US shows that have pilots that have a hell of a lot going on early on, the Wire is definitely a slow burner.

Back