• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I lost all interest when Opie went out of it, he was the only character I really liked. And I hated the Irish season.
The Irish season was pretty shite, final episode redeemed it ever so slightly, principally due to the scene where Jax follows the family who adopted his son through the market to Alesund by Sun Kil Moon.

The Irish season was pretty shite, final episode redeemed it ever so slightly, principally due to the scene where Jax follows the family who adopted his son through the market to Alesund by Sun Kil Moon.
I can’t remember it that well, it’s one of those where if you don’t enjoy it that much you don’t really store it in memory.

I’m not normally big on WWII stuff but I’ve heard such good things about it I need to watch it. I think my favourite war thing I’ve ever watched is Full Metal Jacket. That’s class.
Das boot- German u boat film, one of the best war films ever
Come and see- Belorussian partizens in ww2, very realistic really tough watch
Stalingrad- German film from their PoV
Downfall- you've seen the piss takes on YouTube hitler in the bunker in the last days
Fortress of war- Germans attack Brest fortress in Belarus, get their arses kicked big time
Enemy at the gates surprisingly good for a Jude law film, he plays a Russian sniper in Stalingrad, Bob Hoskins in it as well

9th company Russians in Afghanistan defending a hill camp, get forgotten about as Russia pulls out of Afghanistan

I think I’ve seen Enemy at the Gates, pretty sure I watched it years ago. Can’t remember it though. The start of Private Ryan was a very tough watch as well.

The start of Private Ryan was a very tough watch as well.
I went to see that at the cinema with a couple of mates, got stuck at work so turned up late, grabbed a hot dog on the way in and sat down with a hot dog in my gob just as they opened the landing craft doors 🤢

I watched 1917 in a cinema / restaurant in Milwaukee. Put me right off my cheese curds at times.

The Shield is on All4. Although that is a shit streaming service because it has forced ads.

Buying the DVDs off eBay is the best way to see it IMO. There isn't a HD version available any way. Just upscaled 1080p, which your TV will do any way.

Just tried watching the first episode of The Shield on All4 and the ads are way too much.

The Queen’s Gambit. Brilliant ensemble cast and faces you will recognise. A story on a few levels that actually requires little knowledge of chess. Highly recommended.
Watched this yesterday, very good, enjoyed it :)

Is BoB available free somewhere now then? I saw it listed on Prime a while ago but you had to pay for it.
Sorry, missed this. I can get it on Sky Atlantic. Don’t know if it’s free anywhere.

Watching The Liberator which came out today and it's pretty good. It's that animation style that's overlaid on live action, kinda like how it was done in Undone. It's a decent story, if a little twee at times. Tells the story of the 45th, The Thundebirds, who fought through Italy and into Germany over 500 days, comprised of cowboys, native Americans and Mexicans.

Worth a watch, although I don't know what the transition from this to The Queens Gambit is going to be like.

Gave up on Altered Carbon season 2, nowhere near as good as the first season.

Back