• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

IMO, Anthony Mackie was a poor choice to play Takeshi. Mind, Poe is the best character.
Yeah Poe is ace, if it was all about him I’d finish it. Mackie was really poor but beyond Poe none of the characters had any charisma and I realised after five episodes I didn’t give a shit what was going to happen and was just looking at it rather than watching it. That was enough for me.

Here's the thing, I could tell you how S1 ended but not S2. Tells you everything you need to know, really.

You'd definitely like The Wire Booz.

The Wire is wonderful, but you have to stay with it because you'll hear about 1 word in 3 in the first episode. The Baltimore accent takes some time to adjust to

I love The Wire. Could probably do with watching the first series with subtitles though!

Mad Men is another of my favourite series.

Banshee sounds like a superhero name so I always assumed it was yet another crappy Marvel/DC spin off. Now I know it’s not, I’ll have to check it out.

Banshee is one of the most sordid, violent, gripping dramas I’ve seen and there’s not a bad character in it. So well written and acted and the ending actually made me sad that it was over.

One of the best theme tunes out as well.

I never had a problem with dialogue in The Wire.

Mad Men is another good shout.

Have you watched The Killing, Booz?
I watched the first two series of the American version, thought that was great. I don’t know if they changed the channel it was on but I never realised it went past two seasons. That’s something else I’ve been meaning to get round to catching up on but just never got there.

Might try The Wire too then. Heard a mate say before he loved it, and he normally only likes weird niche hipster shit. Thinking back he said it was his fav ever series

The Wire is wonderful, but you have to stay with it because you'll hear about 1 word in 3 in the first episode. The Baltimore accent takes some time to adjust to
Not a bad idea to put subtitles on, helps out from time to time and also helps you learn characters names quicker.

Back