• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

The 'Running up that Hill' scene is probably the best scene I've watched on TV in a good few years. Powerful, dramatic, emotional and superbly done, IMO.
It's Kate Bush. It can only be epic. Even though my marriage didn't work out I will always have the moment when I told Squeeze I got her tickets for the Hammersmith run. Her utter joy at that, and then her face during the show, those are the moments that money simply cannot buy, and even now it warms the cockles of my cold cynical heart to think I was able to make that happen for her.

Been watching Our Yorkshire Farm now they've appeared on the Virgin box. Continued where we got up to on the dodgy box. A nice watch :)

Our Falklands War.
Powerful, heart rending tales from people that wee there.
Really opens your eyes to war. Dunno how some of those guys have got through the last 40 years.

Great start to Sherwood. They're staggering the release though, only two a week for a six parter.
It's good but the timelines are bobbins.

The coppers would all be in their 60's and long retired if they were at the miners strikes.

It's good but the timelines are bobbins.

The coppers would all be in their 60's and long retired if they were at the miners strikes.
David Morrissey is 58 tbf. Just about plausible, he was 20 in 1984.

Edit: Robert Glenister is 62 as well.

Last edited:
Enjoying Sherwood too. Odd moment when the train driver was having a hand shuffle which was caught on the baby monitor and Paddy Maguire (Shameless) playing a scab

Back