• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Agreed. Season 3 is the pinnacle though.

Anyone seen David Simon's new show We Own the City?

I've been watching it, it's not The Wire for sure and at times seems often like a dramatised documentary which I guess it is.....theres a still shot in the intro which I remember seeing documentary about (netflix i guess) which plays out in episode 6. I'm a bit weird and watch a lot of docus about the US justice system so for me it's not bad, but it's really cool to see some of the old cast from The Wire in new roles....weird in a way because they embodied those old roles in such a way it was almost impossible to separate the two.

Is there definitely no 3rd series? Possibly my favourite Netflix show ever.

I don't think this one was on Netflix particularly, David Fincher mentioned something about it costing a fortune to produce and the number of viewers didn't justify the cost. It sounded like it was primarily him who didn't chase it up as opposed to Netflix. Damn shame as it really is a brilliant show with some of the best casting I've ever seen. Superbly acted as well throughout with not one bad performance.

Yeah it really is very well done, it’ll be a shame if it never comes back

I’ve been meaning to watch Mindhunter for a few years but haven’t started it yet. It depends whether the wife would enjoy it. I’m still trying to fit in series 3 & 4 of Stranger Things whenever I get a chance to watch something on my own.

That does look good, shame I don't have Apple TV.

That does look good, shame I don't have Apple TV.
You should get the free trial. Severance is worth that.

Brilliantly original show.

Might give that Black Bird a try.

Finished Stranger Things over the weekend. Brilliant TV and didn't go overboard on the 80's references as they did in the 2nd (and some of the third) series.

I'm on season 2 and it's the 80s references that I love, particularly as they are about the same age as I was then

You should get the free trial. Severance is worth that.

Brilliantly original show.

Might give that Black Bird a try.

Finished Stranger Things over the weekend. Brilliant TV and didn't go overboard on the 80's references as they did in the 2nd (and some of the third) series.
I did get a few months free when I got my new phone a couple of months ago but think the deal expired, I'll have to have a look.

The only problem for me with the last episode of ST4 was

I figured out that the blond lad who was helping 011 was actually 001, then looking at all the dead kids guessed he was actually Vecna so the end reveal lost a bit of its shine. Not that it really detracted form it, it was still brilliant TV.

I am binge re-watching the X-Files from my box set that has all the original series plus the two movies. Got through to the Season finale from Season 3 so far. I still love it. It was seminal and the first five series were absolutely excellent as I remember. It hasn't dated particularly.

I need to watch them all, never seen them.

We Own This City is fucking quality, been binging it today and I’m just glued to the tele.

You have never seen the X-Files? Christ - watch it.

Just finished episode 2 of Season 4 - Home. How the fuck that got past the 1995 censors for an 8pm slot in the States is totally beyond me. It's basically The Hills Have Eyes with FBI badges.

Nope never saw it. I never watched TV back when that was out, The Shield got me into watching stuff. I’ll get round to it at some point

When you get the chance start with the Pilot and watch everything in chronological order. Most are "Monster of the Week" episodes so shouldn't matter so much, but there are overarching plot thread episodes that need to be watched in the right order to make sense.

Back