• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Not just Donovan, there is a scene played out to a Cream track with a whole bunch of Roman troops tripping their nuts off after being deliberately poisoned by a couple of AWOL Romans who had gone native. And various other great songs from that genre/era. They used a different title track for each season as well, I can only remember that one season used Children of the Revolution, forget the other one. The Donovan track (forget name) was just used for the first season.

I did point out it makes no attempt to be historically accurate.
Wish I hadn't mentioned it now!

As my ex Linds said when I told her it got canceled 'they made that for people like us and there aren't many like us'. It was a wild roller coaster (for us) and, it seems, a waste of time for you lot :(

Anyway I still recommend Blood Drive and That Dirty Black Bag.

I thought Britannia would most likely appeal to fans of GoT tbh.

It was way more bizarre and inventive than GoT. GoT was worth watching once. Britannia I'd watch again.

Well that is probably one of the worst takes in TWF history. GoT is better than Britannia in every conceivable way! It's like trying to argue that Darren Ferguson was better than Kevin de Bruyne. Blimey, even the end of GoT is superior to Britannia, and we all know how disappointing the ending was.

And it was Hurdy Gurdy Man that was used as the theme in season 1. I quite like that song, but it was such an odd choice. Like replacing the MotD theme with something from Slipknot.

It was way more bizarre and inventive than GoT. GoT was worth watching once. Britannia I'd watch again.
Each to their own but that is such an odd point of view to take.

I've no idea how you could think GoT, a show based in a fantasy realm, was less inventive than something that was a daft impersonation.

Because Britannia ripped up the rules and made it's own. You either like that (and are in a minority) or you don't. GoT was decent but I wouldn't actually recommend someone to watch it. It was very generic.

To partly steal from Deutsch here - Some world class glass tapping going on here

(from someone who has not watched a single second of the fake Roman show or the one about tits and dragons)

Because Britannia ripped up the rules and made it's own. You either like that (and are in a minority) or you don't. GoT was decent but I wouldn't actually recommend someone to watch it. It was very generic.
In a minority 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

To partly steal from Deutsch here - Some world class glass tapping going on here

(from someone who has not watched a single second of the fake Roman show or the one about tits and dragons)

Me when
It was way more bizarre and inventive than GoT

was posted:

1695373549233.png

In a minority 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I was living with my now ex Linds when GoT was really big, about season 4, and I started watching the first season. She thought it was shit. I am not alone. She loved Britannia. I am not alone. Must admit I haven't met anyone else who liked it but then I can't recall talking about it with anyone.

Oh, just remembered I did talk to a guy who didn't like it because it wasn't historical

Must admit I haven't met anyone else who liked it but then I can't recall talking about it with anyone.
Have a feeling after today you will go back to never speaking of this again

I was living with my now ex Linds when GoT was really big, about season 4, and I started watching the first season. She thought it was shit. I am not alone. She loved Britannia. I am not alone. Must admit I haven't met anyone else who liked it but then I can't recall talking about it with anyone.
It's not a binary like. I thought Britannia was OK, not ground breaking but ok and a bit daft.

Well that is probably one of the worst takes in TWF history. GoT is better than Britannia in every conceivable way! It's like trying to argue that Darren Ferguson was better than Kevin de Bruyne. Blimey, even the end of GoT is superior to Britannia, and we all know how disappointing the ending was.

And it was Hurdy Gurdy Man that was used as the theme in season 1. I quite like that song, but it was such an odd choice. Like replacing the MotD theme with something from Slipknot.
I had no problem with the end of GoT either btw

Back