• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I thought last night's was the best of this series. I didn't really like Sherlock becoming more human and lovey-dovey so that I'm glad they undercut that. The way the various threads developed through the series was brilliant. Nothing is ever coincidence. Excellent writing.

http://www.firebox.com/product/6365/Table-of-Thrones-Print-by-The-Geekerie?itc=560&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=HOLINEW_675&src_t=nwt&src_id=675&via=NL_row&NL_pos=2

il_fullxfull.469684154_stlh.jpg

Vic & Bob have a new sitcom which started last night called House Of Fools. People have said it's quite poorly acted but still the funniest 1/2 hour of TV they've seen in ages. I'm gonna check it out on demand. Just the synopsis for Ep2 made me laugh out loud:

"The Pork Pie Affair: Sitcom set in Vic & Bob's house. Vic and Bob are entrusted with the safety of Julie's prize pork pie, which she plans on offering to Bruce Willis."

It was shit, but hilarious - as you'd expect. A couple of really LOL moments.

Matt Berry, Angelos Epithemou (don't know his real name) and Morgana whatsherface are in it too.

I saw a trailer for that and it looked fucking atrocious. As a general rule any sitcom on the BBC is complete shite (imo) but I make an exception for Coupling which was excellent.

I watched it yesterday. It was awful.

Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe was spot on again last night. He totally nailed the Benefits Street debate right on the fucking head.

BBC world's Komla Dumor died today - probably not known to a lot of people, but a great presenter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25796151

I've spent a lot of time in hotels watching the BBC world news and he always brightened my day. I remember him on the world service doing Focus on Africa too - a real shame, only 41 too.

There's buggerall interesting series on at the moment. I'm looking forward to Arrow coming back in February though.

The phenomenal over rotation of the awful advert for it has put me off.

I really enjoyed the first of Brooklyn 99. Good, funny stuff.

Suits starts again soon, love that show.

Anyone see Don't Look Down on Channel 4? It left me gripping the sides of the sofa.

Back