• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

How insulting to West Midlanders is that advert with "cupcake" in it? Amazed it's not been taken off. What a wa***r.

Just finished watching Band of Brothers for about the 20th time.

Always feel the same at the end of watching the series - why couldn't it just go on forever!? It's the best TV programme ever made for me.

Just finished watching Band of Brothers for about the 20th time.

Always feel the same at the end of watching the series - why couldn't it just go on forever!? It's the best TV programme ever made for me.

It's absolutely amazing. Certainly one of the best, if not the best. I should watch it again, actually.

I'm sure there are other great TV programmes out there and not everyone will agree but it's just my favourite and I don't think anything will ever beat it. Completely gets you emotionally every time - hook, line and sinker.

I'm sure there are other great TV programmes out there and not everyone will agree but it's just my favourite and I don't think anything will ever beat it. Completely gets you emotionally every time - hook, line and sinker.

They could make a spin off show about every main character and what happens to them after the war and I'd watch every one of them!

Band of Brothers is the best tv ever. In the summer I was in Normandy and just dragged my gf and her kids around various BoB related locations! I'm sure they loved it really! One particular highlight was Dead Man's Corner museum which had a whole load of Richard Winters's gear. I'm also currently reading Winters' book Beyond Band of Brothers which includes a whole load of details that add to the Ambrose book and the tv programme. Well worth a read.

Re-watched BoB before Christmas, episode 7 gets me every time, really powerful stuff.

Currently doing a re-watch of the Wire, on episode 11 of series 2. Had forgotten how good this programme is.

Band of Brothers is the best tv ever. In the summer I was in Normandy and just dragged my gf and her kids around various BoB related locations! I'm sure they loved it really! One particular highlight was Dead Man's Corner museum which had a whole load of Richard Winters's gear. I'm also currently reading Winters' book Beyond Band of Brothers which includes a whole load of details that add to the Ambrose book and the tv programme. Well worth a read.

I'll have to read that. Cheers.

They could make a spin off show about every main character and what happens to them after the war and I'd watch every one of them!

Agreed.

I watch Blue Bloods because it has Donnie Wahlberg in who played Lipton (I also admire Tom Selleck's mustache!)

Another great Weekly Wipe last night, which had some great line such as:

"Critics say Michael Gove has been giving jobs to his friends, which isn't mathematically possible"

"UK government debt is now one trillion pounds and even Wonga can't help"

and a great alternative ending to that bag of wank Hive advert

What channel is that on? I've not seen any of it this time round - I loved the last series.

BBC 2

Think last night was the last in the Series and next weeks is just a "Best of" one

Weekly Wipe is brilliant. Biggest lol moment last night was when he said Ed Milliband was having a drink from a man who looked like Ant AND Dec.

1546400_704358189583145_73484670_n.jpg

Also, the whole Scarlett Johansson sexy Soda Sream ad juxtaposed with the conditions of the village of the factory they're made in was sublime.

Oh, and did anyone see Fat Ballet last night. Genius television :icon_lol:

HBO have released a 15 minute preview of GOT season 4. Looks amazing.

Some very mild spoilers in there though.

Why do people watch these things and ruin bits of it instead of just waiting for the series?

Well I've read the book so I already know what's going to happen. I'd probably watch it anyway though, I've got very little willpower when it comes to things like this.

Back