• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

It was incredible. Roaming around ancient Japan fighting Mongol invaders, learning sword skills, learning Ninja stealth weapons and techniques and loads of side missions. If you like games like Assassins Creed or RDR2, you will love it

Really tried to like that show given I have an affinity with the City, it never really landed though, although I gave up before the Danny DeVito time.

Last edited:
Having a cast full of dislikeable or just bad people is fine only as long as they are interesting or complex characters.

The Sopranos for example is full of absolute scumbags morally but they are all great characters.

Just watched the first 2 episodes of This Town, thought it was very good, powerful stuff.

As it was discussed on this thread I'll put it on here. I finished my jury service today. An interesting and frustrating experience in equal measure. I left it mainly in favour of the process, but think there should be an element of the voluntary about it in terms of participation. Most people in my narrow experience would still have done it.

Really enjoying Renegade Nell. Latest thing from Sally Wainwright. Quite a bit lighter than Happy Valley! although quite dark at times. Like watching an Adam Ant video but with violence.

Fiction > Fact.

Behave ffs...

Sorry, forgot we were on a thread about opinions on television series

**I thought that the television series Renegade Nell was better than the television series Dick Turpin

Sorry, forgot we were on a thread about opinions on television series

**I thought that the television series Renegade Nell was better than the television series Dick Turpin
Thanks for the qualification.

Stumbled across The Assembly on BBC1 last night. A group of people with autism and other disabilities interviewing Michael Sheen - fabulous viewing.
He really seems to be a great bloke, when that lad was taking a while to ask his question and getting more stressed about it, just a calm “we’ve got plenty of time don’t worry” and then bam asks a fantastic Dylan Thomas question

Just watched the first 2 episodes of This Town, thought it was very good, powerful stuff.
The very first scene episode 1 was Worcester street Wolverhampton, I tried to like it, did two episodes and it just wasn’t doing it for me.

I know I’m a bit late on this but really enjoying Star trek Picard - especially when he becomes the head of a fascist government.

Back