• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Golf Thread

Top fifty in the world get a masters invite. Even after discounting the sports wash LIV wankers Kuchar is 51 in the world. So he had to win a tournament to get in and he hasn’t got within a reindeers bellow of a win for aeons.

They've certainly sold Rory McIlroy down the river on it. He must be feeling a prize tit right about now having gone to bat for them on so many occasions.

Absolute shambles. Reading that players and agents on both Liv and PGA tours didn't have a clue this was happening. Newcastle Chairman is going to be the chief.

I can't see it being a fully combined tour, maybe 5-6 events early doors, edging up towards a dozen that will be all the top players play, leaving the other three tours as basically regional qualifying schools for the real blood money. Fucking cunts have basically bought an entire sport.

It's wishful thinking but the likes of Rory, Rahm, Spieth etc never have to work again if they don't want to. Would like it if they just retired until this shite is rowed back.

I'm not über-puritanical with Saudi involvement but this is just shit. So needless as well as LIV was demonstrably dying on its arse.

Hope the Full Swing cameras are still knocking about. Rory will be absolutely fucking screwing if they try and force him to do an event over there, not for the human rights issues (he's got no issues playing in China or half of the middle east anyway) but because it'll be such a dramatic row back from his established position

Isn't there an LPGA or similar player's union? Surely they can at least try to fight this?

The Tour sort of is the union, I guess. They're supposed to consult with the players on everything.

Isn't there an LPGA or similar player's union? Surely they can at least try to fight this?
USGA for the Americans, the R&A for those UK &Ireland golfers. Not sure on the rest of the world.

Unions won't fight this as they didn't before. Not sure what there is to fight.

My christ. The comments on the BBC story on this. Sportswash bots are out in force. I hope that all the critical players retire and refuse to play and it becomes a 99 call for all pro golfers on PGA and DP world tours.

Rahm/Hatton v Scheffler/Burns

Hovland/Aberg v Harman/Howa

Lowry/Straka v Fowler/Morikawa

McIlroy/Fleetwood v Schauffle/Cantlay

Opening foursomes tomorrow morning, fancy us in 3 of those. Don't like the look of Lowry playing foursome, would prefer him in fourball when he's pairing up.

Rahm/Hatton v Scheffler/Burns

Hovland/Aberg v Harman/Howa

Lowry/Straka v Fowler/Morikawa

McIlroy/Fleetwood v Schauffle/Cantlay

Opening foursomes tomorrow morning, fancy us in 3 of those. Don't like the look of Lowry playing foursome, would prefer him in fourball when he's pairing up.
I think we win 1 and 2 but lose 3 and 4.

Holland hit a hole in 1 today at one of the drivable par 4's.

I think Rory and Fleetwood will win, they compliment each other well. Rorys putting has been letting him down this year, but the rest of his game is in great shape.

Fast start from Europe. 2 up in 2, 1 up in the other 2

Great start. Straka looking a touch shaky but really solid otherwise.

Great start. Straka looking a touch shaky but really solid otherwise.
I hesitate to make calls on here as I know I’m in the presence of other posters better read on lots of sporting affairs. However, whenever I do, it still surprises me how quickly they turn out to be wrong.

Straka and Lowry 4up :D

Back