• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Golf Thread

Absolute dream start, got to see this through the back nine now and not throw it away

USA tactics are obviously copying the European women. Be 4 down after the first matches then come back to win.

USA tactics are obviously copying the European women. Be 4 down after the first matches then come back to win.
Nah. If it's 14-14 this time it's a 'draw for them the spawny gits'. It's only a 'glorious win' when it's Europe retaining it 14-14 :)

McIlroy picked again. I can understand it in four balls but he shouldn't be playing in every session. His Ryder Cup record isn't great (currently level) and he's an arse too.

Edit - Produced a stunning shot on 17. I knew it would get him going. ;)

He is also one of the best players on the planet. RM, Rahm and Hovland will play every session.

McIlroy picked again. I can understand it in four balls but he shouldn't be playing in every session. His Ryder Cup record isn't great (currently level) and he's an arse too.

Edit - Produced a stunning shot on 17. I knew it would get him going. ;)

3 Up after 4

3 Up after 4

Err...cough....cough, I think you'll find that Fitzpatrick is 3 up after 4 holes (and saved a half on the first).

My point was that he shouldn't be a shoe in for every session. Four balls is probably his stronger suit so I can see why he was picked for the afternoon session. I may have mentioned one or 2000 times that I'm not a fan of McIlroy and the media's obsession of reporting golf through a weird angle of how McIlroy or a few selected others (Woods being one in years gone by) are getting on rather than on a leaderboard basis.

McIlroy will likely take a break tomorrow. He won't play every session I wouldn't think.

Rory, Rahm and Hovland our standouts this morning so right they play on again today

McIlroy will likely take a break tomorrow. He won't play every session I wouldn't think.

Rory, Rahm and Hovland our standouts this morning so right they play on again today
Until the 17th the commentators on the radio coverage (I'm going to a dangerous WH style rabbit hole here :ROFLMAO: ) were stating Fleetwood was the better performer and that he could be a bit miffed at not getting an afternoon outing if it were a shoot out between the 2.

Nah, Rory played well this morning. Holed some decent putts too that he's been missing all season.

Fitzpatrick is just playing ridiculous golf right now, could have me partnering him and we'd still be easily leading this match 😅

And the “McIlroy reporting” you refer to is NOWHERE NEAR the level of obsessive tiger coverage the American golf channels used to give. Not even close.

Well whatever any views of the European players this is all going rather swimmingly

Back