• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Invented by Justus von Liebig!

Sticky, dark brown food paste.

Google won't even translate it to Norwegian!

It's fantastic on toast and wonderful on cheese on toast!

I've managed without marmite 58 years, I'm sure I can soldier on without it a while longer!

It's absolutely revolting.

It's what we pretend to like so we can give it to foreign people and watch their face fold in on itself as they try to process the endless waves of horrible, salty, bitter, yeasty aftertaste. It's like if you left something dead out in the rain for a few months, scooped up the mud directly underneath the rotting corpse and spread it on toast.

It's what we pretend to like so we can give it to foreign people and watch their face fold in on itself as they try to process the endless waves of horrible, salty, bitter, yeasty aftertaste. It's like if you left something dead out in the rain for a few months, scooped up the mud directly underneath the rotting corpse and spread it on toast.

:ursofunny:

It's what we pretend to like so we can give it to foreign people
I suspected as much. :icon_mrgreen:

It's like if you left something dead out in the rain for a few months, scooped up the mud directly underneath the rotting corpse and spread it on toast.
So you don't really like it then.

Heathen scot :icon_smile:

Scrambled eggs on toast with marmite is hjust like 'ambrosia'

:icon_lol:

It puts hairs on ya chest. Lovely stuff. And now that they put it in those squeezable containers its so much easier to spread. Used to hate keep having to wind the knife round and round.

Yes, and I don't eat that either. Horrible.

There are videos of people from other countries online trying both things for the first time. The reactions are remarkably similar.

Then there's lutefisk, gravlaks and smalahove. So we have lots of rubbish too.

That was on Bizarre Foods the other day. Looked vile.

It's horrible. lut = lye so it's been swimming in lye for awhile, and before that aged outside.
Gravlaks is salmon that's been hanging around in a grave for awhile.
Smalahove is sheepshead that's probably had stuff done to it.

It's horrible. lut = lye so it's been swimming in lye for awhile, and before that aged outside.
Gravlaks is salmon that's been hanging around in a grave for awhile.
Smalahove is sheepshead that's probably had stuff done to it.

Having googled all the above, I think I'll stick to me Marmite :)

Back