• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The "I was wrong about him" thread

Not trying to be controversial, but for all the good that Coady has done, I would still prefer someone better. A VVD who is solid as a rock at the back, and can also score the occasional goal. A libero not just the last defender.

Having said that, Nuno has absolutely transformed him (and Doc), to the point where finding a replacement would not be easy.

Was also excited about Solbakken, and Hoddle, and Taylor (but never Mark McGhee).

Not trying to be controversial, but for all the good that Coady has done, I would still prefer someone better. A VVD who is solid as a rock at the back, and can also score the occasional goal. A libero not just the last defender.

Having said that, Nuno has absolutely transformed him (and Doc), to the point where finding a replacement would not be easy.

Was also excited about Solbakken, and Hoddle, and Taylor (but never Mark McGhee).

VVD would be an upgrade, but ever so slightly expensive - Coady is more of a libero than VVD too I would say too.

Coady is the best in his position in the country, he will be very difficult to replace. And that ignoring everything else he brings to the club and team too.

Traore is the obvious one, didn't think he would develop a footballing brain.

Arguably Doherty although most of my criticism came when he was rubbish LB and I wouldn't consider myself wrong on that part.

I thought Bassong would be a good CB for us! What a lazy, heartless, useless player he was.

O'Hara and Johnson - was there anyone out there who thought they were bad signings? Doubt it.

I thought Lee Evans showed the potential to become a top Championship/lower Prem level midfielder at one point. Think it was in our first season back in the Championship under Jackett when he started the season very strongly and did really well against Solskjaer's Cardiff. Had some injuries and was never able to kick on.

I'll claim a bit of credit for always having faith that Adama would come good. But fairly sure I predicted that Sigurdarsson would be a Champions League player and - as my wife will readily testify - when I was in Lisbon last week I told every Portuguese footy fan I met that Neto was on the point of pushing Jota out of the team

Saiss - thought he was slow and clumsy, and not even good enough for the Championship.

having been a wolves fan for around 60 years i have seen a fair few ups and downs but i did get quite excited about Solbakken
edit.and Siggy i guess too

No way did I think Jimenez was going to be as good as he's been

Bad -> Good

Coady
Doherty
Traore
Craddock
Bennett
Iwelumo

Good -> Bad

Roussel
Bödvarsson
Green
Johnson
Luzhny
Claridge

Poor Oleg.

33 years old, his 2 previous coaches being Valeriy Lobanovskyi & peak Wenger... Then to Davey Jones and his shitty locker alongside Shit Craddock, Paul Butler & Lee Naylor.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Man of the Match in the FA Cup final to being rinsed by Marlon fucking Harewood.

Who by the way is not on my list, I knew he'd be shite.

Add Iorfa to my top half, I thought he'd have played for England by now.

Silas as well. I was so excited when we signed him. I saw the reports on him from pre-season (I didn't know Kenny at the time but he watched him at Cov and waxed lyrical about him on the E&S forum...I should have known better to be best mates with him later :D ).

We parked him on the left wing as Kennedy was injured and he looked lost.

Silas was unreal against Boavista. The Southbank were chanting his name, thought we'd found a gem .

Let's not forget Cyber telling us how awesome Lonners was!

The worst keeper I've ever seen for us and I've seen Roger Hansbury and Tony Lange.

Let's not forget Cyber telling us how awesome Lonners was!

The worst keeper I've ever seen for us and I've seen Roger Hansbury and Tony Lange.

Yep!

That really turned out badly! In fairness I did back Ruddy when others didn't before he actually signed so I call it even?

Mickey Gray.

Thought it was a desperation signing as our squad was so short of numbers and he would be well and truly over the hill, but he was really good for us in his time here.

Bad -> Good

Coady
Doherty
Traore
Craddock
Bennett
Iwelumo

Good -> Bad

Roussel
Bödvarsson
Green
Johnson
Luzhny
Claridge

Ha, I thought I was the only one who thought Steve Cabbage would be a good signing. I was too ashamed to post until you did.
I'd also got Johnson and Green on my list. Plus Hammill and Bidvarsson, oh and Mark McGhee.

Didn't think much of Saiss as he had a tendency to do hot headed things in the wrong areas, but he's grown on me the last few weeks. Nuno's had a word with him I'd say.

I thought Derek Mountfield was the defensive signing to propel us back to the top flight.

Ha, I thought I was the only one who thought Steve Cabbage would be a good signing. I was too ashamed to post until you did.

Exactly the kind of player I wanted having watched him for Blues and Leicester. Pure work ethic which we were sorely lacking at the time and a good footballer.

Utter rubbish for us. And then good afterwards. Strange all round.

Back