• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The "I was wrong about him" thread

Tony Dinning. Oh what could've been, if he'd had a backbone.

On a similar note, Mark Atkins.

Thought Sigurdarson was going to be ace, plus Olofinjana, and Muoyokolo (?), and Hunt.....

Not trying to be controversial, but for all the good that Coady has done, I would still prefer someone better. A VVD who is solid as a rock at the back, and can also score the occasional goal. A libero not just the last defender.

Having said that, Nuno has absolutely transformed him (and Doc), to the point where finding a replacement would not be easy.

Was also excited about Solbakken, and Hoddle, and Taylor (but never Mark McGhee).

Difficult for Coady to score when he only ever crosses the half way line after we have scored a goal. I think that is a an unfair stick to beat him with as he is clearly instructed to stay in his own half.

I've seen what happens to Coady when he attacks....he can stay in his own half and let Saiss and Boly grab the odd goal on behalf of the defence.

My habit is to look on the bright side with players - always thought Traore had the potential to be awesome and it’s pretty rare I think players will be shit to start with.

The other way round however - I’ve frequently thought players would be awesome who turned out to by crap. Neil Masters, Tony dinning, Tonga doumbia, Jordan Graham, Mikel bischoff, Roger Johnson and Ryan green being just a few

I kept faith that Keogh would develop into some Thomas Muller-esque 2nd forward for far, far too long :icon_redface:

Steffen Iversen.

All I knew at the time was that he had done well at Spurs, I didnt realise he came to us plagued by injury

My habit is to look on the bright side with players - always thought Traore had the potential to be awesome and it’s pretty rare I think players will be shit to start with.

The other way round however - I’ve frequently thought players would be awesome who turned out to by crap. Neil Masters, Tony dinning, Tonga doumbia, Jordan Graham, Mikel bischoff, Roger Johnson and Ryan green being just a few
Guedioura. World class debut against Spurs at home and then awful!

I kept faith that Keogh would develop into some Thomas Muller-esque 2nd forward for far, far too long :icon_redface:
Keogh was decent value for money. Derby away won't be a game I'll ever forget. In the eyes of a number of clowns he didn't recover from not being Eastwood.

I thought Keogh was bloody good. First ever away Premier League winner isn't a bad thing. He got a crap press from fans because he wasn't Eastwood as you say.

I thought Ryan Green would be a top player

I didn't think Halford would be shit either

I also seriously under estimated Iwelumo, both in ability and character

First pre season game under Nuno was streamed live, can't remember against who, somewhere in the mountains...
Saw there was some gobby twat at the back, couldn't see who. Worked out it was Coady, thought he was just trying to put himself in the window, didn't think he would stay long.
First game of the season, there he was captain. Obviously the right decision.

Is no one going to say they bought into Zeli Ismail being the first £100m player?

I thought Keogh was bloody good. First ever away Premier League winner isn't a bad thing. He got a crap press from fans because he wasn't Eastwood as you say.

Oh the scraps we almost got into because of Keogh, my lads favourite player (name on the back of his shirt) and the absolute cuntbubbles that spouted ridiculous vitriol at him.......Keogh I mean. Surely he had an assist for all SEBs goals?

Guedioura. World class debut against Spurs at home and then awful!

So true - he was outrageously good in that game

Graham was very, very good in the only run of games he had with us to be fair. he just happened to get a very serious injury, which I think has destroyed him having the career he might have been able to (even if that was only as a top half Championship player). Agree on Doumbia though, a shame.

Iversen was ok when he played, just as he started to look good and like he was settling into the team we signed Cort and he never really played much after that.

One not yet mentioned by anyone else (though it might just be me who thinks it anyway) is Van La Parra

Saw his first outing (I think) v Norwich - swung over a superb cross which made the only goal for a 1 - 0 win & thought 'we have got something here'

We hadn't & he went rapidly downhill.

Back