• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's moved on but he'll never be forgotten. One of the best in the world for a time, the most complete centre forward I've ever seen at Wolves.

At his pomp, he was my favourite ever Wolves player. He had the world at his feet - he could do anything in front of goal.

I hope he goes away and becomes that fantastic striker again - it'll always sadden me that it wasn't to be here.

The best centre forward I have ever seen at wolves.

With jimi in the team we always had a chance. So much of what was good about us revolved around the goals this man scored.

After Southampton away I thought that maybe he could still do it, but unfortunately it wasn't to be.

Jota and Jimenez were a great outlet on the break. Raul was lethal until his injury. No blame attached to David Luiz though. Just a cruel twist of fate.

For a year or so he was one of the best strikers in the world. A devastating way for that career trajectory to be brought to a halt. "Code Red" is one the hardest things you'll ever watch. I know it hits us harder as we were 'there' and connected but fuck me what that bloke and his family went through is just unimaginable. His comeback may not have been full but it's still nothing short of remarkable. Desperately hope he really enjoys his time at Fulham, on and off the pitch

Just watched his goals video. Jota really was his partner in crime. So many goals are just those 2 against the world.

You try and work out why people take the actions they do, there's internal logic in there somewhere but honestly can't figure out what the fuck Fosun's deal is.

They've finally got their top-tier manager who's in all the right Mendes circles who they waited for from the start and again when we were rock bottom. So why do so much to cause him to be, at best, unsettled and lied too? There's no manager of his calibre waiting to take over this club. Any new gaffer is going to be step down in quality. There is no logic to finally getting their key guy and treating him this way.

Then there is the nonsense about FFP...If this is such a precarious situation then why the fuck sign the likes of Nunes Cunha, Guedes to their fees all in last year if this terrible situation was just on the horizon? It's not just negligent, its completely blind. Business-wise it doesn't make sense either? Regardless of if he's first team or not, turning down the Kilman offer wouldn't make sense if they were so cash strapped if that money could be the key to release them to invest back in squad.

Just want to understand what on earth is going on from the club's/fosun's perspective. Some honesty would be nice and if they truly are so inept at running a club, leave sooner than later.

Somebody in the pub said kilman was worth 60m when I said sell him for 35 and he's a Sth of many years. Honestly.....

Jota and Jimenez were a great outlet on the break. Raul was lethal until his injury. No blame attached to David Luiz though. Just a cruel twist of fate.
I hope you don’t mind if I do attach all the blame to that utterly reckless sideshow bob haired Exocet missile. It was disgraceful and I will never forgive him.

You can say that fans are part and parcel of the club but I think that's overstating the reality in terms of the influence the supporters have over what Fosun do and don't.
They certainly influenced the swift departure of Sellars last season when the South Bank sang “get out of our club”

Looking at the opening home fixtures I’m pretty sure Fosun will get to experience a Molineux in open revolt early on this season.
Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out the FFP line is complete BS if was the case how come the goalposts keep shifting?
Cash flow is the blatant problem if so just be honest and at least we all know what we’re dealing with.
As things stand currently we’re on borrowed time in the PL the current running of the club is totally unsustainable at this level.

That's the first punch thrown by Lopetegui, it will be interesting now.

This has all the hallmarks of Fosun being cash poor, they won't Sack him they will not want to pay his contract, and probably appreciate the damage it would do to the brand.

Lop won't walk until he has exhausted every avenue to get some of what he wants.

It seems as though Fosun have lied to everyone, from Lopetegui, to the fans about the issues they have.

I did not expect a lot this summer, now I expect even less.

More sales and fuck all Incomings.

At the moment we have shifted players Neves excepted, who were not 1st team regulars, Collins being the closest to the first 11.

Our issue is with Injuries and suspensions we are very light in numbers.

I expect a very hard season, in a relegation battle, one I am not sure we can win if we get a couple of key injuries.

You try and work out why people take the actions they do, there's internal logic in there somewhere but honestly can't figure out what the fuck Fosun's deal is.

They've finally got their top-tier manager who's in all the right Mendes circles who they waited for from the start and again when we were rock bottom. So why do so much to cause him to be, at best, unsettled and lied too? There's no manager of his calibre waiting to take over this club. Any new gaffer is going to be step down in quality. There is no logic to finally getting their key guy and treating him this way.

Then there is the nonsense about FFP...If this is such a precarious situation then why the fuck sign the likes of Nunes Cunha, Guedes to their fees all in last year if this terrible situation was just on the horizon? It's not just negligent, its completely blind. Business-wise it doesn't make sense either? Regardless of if he's first team or not, turning down the Kilman offer wouldn't make sense if they were so cash strapped if that money could be the key to release them to invest back in squad.

Just want to understand what on earth is going on from the club's/fosun's perspective. Some honesty would be nice and if they truly are so inept at running a club, leave sooner than later.

The honesty of the situation is they don’t want to put money in I think. That’s why none of this makes sense.

It's obvious that the goalposts have been moved in January and May, and judging by the sudden interview again as recently as just a couple of weeks ago.

It'll be "interesting" to see what happens if another bid comes in for Kilman.

Well on the basis of what we've heard surely Napoli come back with a cheeky lower bid for Kilman? They'll have to sell if it's Bhatti brothers time. If.

Looking at the opening home fixtures I’m pretty sure Fosun will get to experience a Molineux in open revolt early on this season.
The last time Guo and his entourage were at Molinuex for the Southampton match, he acted like a 13 year old girl at a Harry Styles concert.

Just watched the interview and I haven't a clue what to make of it, or what to think about the whole situation at the club.

For a start, Lop shouldn't be giving these kind of interviews. I find it disrespectful towards the club, it can't do anybody any good, it adds to the uncertainty.

What I'm pretty sure about is that there's no real plan at the moment and Lopetegui is clearly not happy with things.

He won’t be here for long, it does feel like the beginning of the end for our purple patch of being a solid premier league team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back