• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if I’m repeating things that have already been said, but for me this has turned out to be an absolute blessing in disguise.

Selling a player who lets face it, should’ve been our best player but has been absolutely far from it! Contributing very little, with only 1 goal and 1 assist when we signed him to be our creative midfielder. He’s probably only had 4/5 good games maximum and you’d struggle to name those!

Yes we may not have got as much as we had hoped for him, however I think the deal itself is even better than we could’ve imagined. Also the wages he frees up for us to now spend is huge! Could probably get 3 players wages out of that amount.

Hearing that we will be getting €55m all in one lump some immediately, allowing us to sign players which we desperately need! Signing one of the best championship players of the season last year, one of England’s best young talents on loan. The fact it’s a loan to buy is perfect, £5m (valued at £15m+) is a no brainier if he’s good. Send him back if he flops. Signing him on loan also means we pay his current wage (8k a week) rather the inflated rate he would undoubtedly ask for as a new signing. Again allowing us for more wages elsewhere.

And then on top of that to have signed a centre back, again which we desperately needed for what I’m hearing is a reduced rate for what he’s worth is just a huge bonus. Again from the city group so wouldn’t have happened without this deal.

All in all I think if you’d offered us the chance to keep nunes and not sign anybody. Or to sell nunes so that we can sign players, we’d have snapped at the opportunity. I think looking at the players we’ve been linked with since this all started, it looks as if this deal is really going to strengthen our team and our squad. And if anything we will benefit much more from this, rather than it weakening us as other club fans are trying to say. I for one am really excited for the next couple of days. Which as we all know is rare for a wolves fan with deadline day approaching.
Plus we're shot of a player who doesn't want to play for us.

Plus we're shot of a player who doesn't want to play for us.

Once Guedes has gone hopefully that’s the end of us signing Mendes targets who don’t want to play for Wolves and need to be convinced to join. Very happy to sign young and upcoming talent as long as we supplement it with bargains like Sarabia, Dawson and Lemina who have plenty of experience in the game.

Found it! That notification came from 'We Are Wolves'. It got shot down on there as well!

Once Guedes has gone hopefully that’s the end of us signing Mendes targets who don’t want to play for Wolves and need to be convinced to join. Very happy to sign young and upcoming talent as long as we supplement it with bargains like Sarabia, Dawson and Lemina who have plenty of experience in the game.
Guedes' loan back to Portugal was finalized yesterday, wasn't it?

Thank goodness, for a few days thought they'd "Bonatini" him on our squad registration.

€25M offer for Habib Diarra rejected according to the Strasbourg president.

€25M offer for Habib Diarra rejected according to the Strasbourg president.
I imagine Hobbs has a few targets but I'd be hoping for more of an attacking midfielder/ inside forward like Scott/ McAtee.

Oh shit, Boehly owns Strasbourg. Abort
Fuck that, if there is 1 PL chairman who had no clue about value its him, polar opposite of Levy.
If there is 1 man Jeff can outwit (very low bar) it's him.

Do we think there will be one or two more signings to follow Enso, Bueno & Doyle?

I think we’ll end up with either Che Adams or Kelechi Iheanacho as a forward/wide option. Maybe one more after that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back