• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

You can only sell what someone will buy.

People like to kid themselves there's a queue of bidders with the means to run Wolves more ambitiously but there unequivocally isn't.
Obviously. We’ll never know if they want to sell until a buyer is found. Getting us in good financial shape certainly makes us more attractive.

In the wider footballing world there only appear to be two games in town at the moment:

1) US bidders, typically consortium led with investment bank/hedge fund ties, who typically want some form of material return on what they put in

2) Gulf states, with all the obvious connotations they bring, there are also only so many of them

I don't particularly want either. Fosun piss me off quite regularly and I can't stand the club bootlickers that we've somehow collected but there isn't an obvious palatable alternative.

The value will continue to increase without them having to actually do anything. TV money is only ever going one way.
Also the fact of a World Cup In America in 2026 which could lead to even more American eyes looking to invest. Already started.

But, as people have said, as much as we love the club, we’re not the most advertising proposition. Location being a big factor in that

Don't need to move.

Can do a Spurs style move but would need Asda to piss off. Almost had the chance to do that with ease but the Government blocked the Asda/Sainsbury merger. 100% that Asda closes if that goes ahead.
We don’t even need to move ASDA. We just need to redo the Steve Bull and use the half mile of space between the stand and the pitch. Chuck a big function room, some hospitality and another bar. Happy days. Would easily add 5k seats to the capacity just by joining up to the NB and wouldn’t expand the blueprint.

Kills so many birds with that one stone. Fixes a stand which is barely fit for purpose, increases corporate revenues, increases ticket revenue, more ticket availability, makes the stadium look less stupid, brings the fans closer to the pitch. We don’t need anymore than that. Demand is never going to consistently exceed 37k regularly. Not on the current trajectory anyway.

Yeah sorry about that, I hoped the thumbnail would be enough and people wouldn't click.

Ridiculous all over.

The Accountant said Fosun would do enough to keep us in the Prem and that's how it's panned out. Only positive is that they're at least prepared to do that rather than what's happened at Swansea.

FabRom linking us to 18 year old Arsenal player Amario Cozier-Duberry. Free agent in the summer.

“Amario is very exciting and Mikel (Arteta) likes him. He reminds me of Bukayo Saka, plays in the same position as him, needs to get better with his decision-making like Bukayo did, but he’s definitely exciting,” Arsenal Under-18s manager told football.london last season.

“In some moments he’s unplayable. You give him the ball and he can make things happen. You can set up a team and have a game plan, but when you’ve got individuals like that you’ve got a chance.”

We might be able to show him a pathway to first team football in the PL quicker than they can, but it will be a lot of upheaval - so I guess the easy decision will be to stay where he is.

We might be able to show him a pathway to first team football in the PL quicker than they can, but it will be a lot of upheaval - so I guess the easy decision will be to stay where he is.
When you’ve got Martinelli, Saka and Trossard ahead I’d advise him to move. No harm in taking a step back to take two forwards.

FabRom linking us to 18 year old Arsenal player Amario Cozier-Duberry. Free agent in the summer.
Won't be a free, they'll be some compensation needed for his age but that doesn't make it not worthwhile if there is talent there.

Back