• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

If he is good enough to play in the CL then Braga wouldn’t have loaned him to estoril?
Remember when Pahlinha was repeatedly loaned out by sporting?

We had an opportunity to sign him for relative peanuts, more than once, he was clearly good enough.

We had an opportunity to sign him for relative peanuts, more than once, he was clearly good enough.
I knew he was at Braga when we played them but don’t know much else. Sporting -> Braga isn’t the jump of Braga -> Estoril, but I take your point.

Also don’t think anyone thought he was a CL player 3-4 years after that, hence he went to newly promoted Fulham for not that much money.

In hindsight yes. But at the time we only needed him if Neves was sold.

Apparently City are interested (internet rumour mills). They paid £53m for Nunes so I want upwards of £80m for Neto please lads.
I'm not sure he'd suit Man City as every team they face pretty much plays a defensive formation against them. Neto is better in more open games with space to run into.

Pedro’s just about to turn 24, Pep could mould him into whatever the fuck he wanted.

Pedro’s just about to turn 24, Pep could mould him into whatever the fuck he wanted.
Thinking about it he would probably like Neto on the right and Doku on the left.

Would suit his Barça style of he went back that way but not sure his new City style is like that anymore. It's more physical with Haaland up top

I knew he was at Braga when we played them but don’t know much else. Sporting -> Braga isn’t the jump of Braga -> Estoril, but I take your point.

Also don’t think anyone thought he was a CL player 3-4 years after that, hence he went to newly promoted Fulham for not that much money.
I for one was massively disappointed we didn't sign him. He'd have been the perfect foil or replacement for Neves and for little outlay.

In hindsight yes. But at the time we only needed him if Neves was sold.
No. He'd have transformed our midfield in a very similar way as Lemina has.

He shares many of the same attributes as Mario. His signing made much more sense than Guedes.

Unfortunately the club was being mismanaged from the boardroom to the boot room.

I for one was massively disappointed we didn't sign him. He'd have been the perfect foil or replacement for Neves and for little outlay.
Rightly or wrong we were only going to sign him if Neves went. I do agree they could have played together though

If Pedro could stay healthy for longer periods I don't know if he'd still be our player right now.

Rightly or wrong we were only going to sign him if Neves went. I do agree they could have played together though
Yeah I get that, but that had more to do with gross mismanagement than anything.

We all knew Neves and Moutinho were on their way out. We needed reinforcements...

It's been addressed now but could have been addressed 18 months ago and should have been.

Could see Spurs. Less convinced with Liverpool. I just don’t see a spot for Hwang at Anfield.

Thankfully the new contract protects us for this month and also ensures we can ask for a huge fee if it happens in the summer.

Could see Spurs. Less convinced with Liverpool. I just don’t see a spot for Hwang at Anfield.

Thankfully the new contract protects us for this month and also ensures we can ask for a huge fee if it happens in the summer.
Diaz , Nunez , Salah , Jota , Gakpo..........no room for Hwang there at all .

Back