• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

It would be easier for a big club to manage Neto's game time. He's our best player, and at time we've played him more than we should and at times we shouldn't have, which can't have helped his injury record.

Hwang brings that interest from overseas that Fosun seem to desire so much.
The commercial value of Hwang is massive. There’s definitely a substantial increase of Korean supporters attending Molinuex nowadays. Although we don’t appear to have capitalised on this in the clubshop. Apart from the token now sold out “Korean Guy” t-shirt, there is nothing of note featuring Hwang. I went in before Christmas and it was busy with Koreans purchasing shirts with Hwang’s name printed on the back and I’m sure they’d empty their wallets to purchase any other old tat with his face on it if given the opportunity.

Barely kicked a ball this season so will surely be going somewhere

Just checked. 8 minutes played since August and no indication of him being injured

Last edited:
The commercial value of Hwang is massive. There’s definitely a substantial increase of Korean supporters attending Molinuex nowadays. Although we don’t appear to have capitalised on this in the clubshop. Apart from the token now sold out “Korean Guy” t-shirt, there is nothing of note featuring Hwang. I went in before Christmas and it was busy with Koreans purchasing shirts with Hwang’s name printed on the back and I’m sure they’d empty their wallets to purchase any other old tat with his face on it if given the opportunity.
regarding Hwang, I’d imagine there’s lots of stores in Korea, well more than previous?

I know we joke, or used to regarding the apparent huge following he has and its monetary value, but it will genuinely be worth something. Especially when he’s banging in goals

I expect you're right, but this seems such a defeatist attitude from the club. We should be aiming to be one of the top 4 sides, or at least top 6/7, not selling the means to become one. Villa might just be a flash in this season's pan or they might manage to consolidate their position. Either way, you can see how it could be done.
Aiming to be a top 4 side is a stretch, isn’t it? As much as I’d love it to be achievable.

Wait. What do I need to do?
x.com links don't embed in TWF whereas twitter.com links do. So if you can browse that site as twitter.com rather than as x.com, or change the "x" in the URL to say "twitter" when pasting the links into TWF, it would be much appreciated xx

This time last year all, bar Alan, on here would have given him away and maybe even have paid a club to take him off our hands
The importance of his baking skills cannot be understated.

not-for-me-mate-liam-gallagher.gif

One trick pony and lazy as fuck.

Back