• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Kids Thread

Awesome news mate - congrats to you and the family.

Cheers everyone. Mother & baby are both amazing.

Congrats Will!

No, congratulations to Mrs Machin, she's done all the work :)

It seems our second baby has a lot in common with our first, such as his inability to sleep. *Sigh*

Zzzzzzz

Ha ha...Never mind Jolemai, kids huh?!

It seems our second baby has a lot in common with our first, such as his inability to sleep. *Sigh*

Zzzzzzz

Our three conspired with eachother last night to only give me 2 hours of sleep, total.

large.gif

After school yesterday, my 6 year old daughter announced she was having a Cinderella Ball at school today - there was an invite written out to her in her school bag. And that she was asked to bring a guest. I was really proud to hear she wanted me to come!

But I had about 15 hours notice, and had work today, but I couldn't let her down, so I emailed some colleagues, moved some meetings back to next week and agreed to work from home so I could attend.

Daughter chose her Elsa dress for her ballgown, and told me I had to wear a taxi. After we eventually worked out that she meant tuxedo, I had to tell her I couldn't because a) it was far too hot to wear a tuxedo and b) I don't have a tuxedo. So she chose me a nice summer shirt to wear, which I ironed last night in readiness.

This morning, I got changed into the smart shirt, she got changed into her Elsa dress. She then said I had to wear my smelly spray. My 8 year old son translated that into 'aftershave' so I put some on, and we went to school. The ball wasn't until 9.30 so I dropped them off and went for a coffee in the cafe close to the school, before going back at the allotted time.

No-one else appeared to be waiting outside. So I went to reception and told them I was here for my daughter's year 1 ball. They looked at me like I'd announced I was hear to apply for the role of Home Secretary and went off to check.

10 minutes later, they came back to tell me that year 1 were having a 'Cinderella Ball themed party' in the school hall, but it was for children only. But last week, they did an exercise where they had to design their own invitations. It seems that my daughter took this rather too literally. If she'd have seen her friends' invitations, she might have twigged as one asked The Queen, another asked Little Mix, another had apparently invited Wonder Woman. My daughter - bless her - wrote 'Daddy', so it's impossible to be cross at her!! Still, it gave the receptionists a good laugh. Bloody kids.

TL;DR: never ever ever trust your kids, and insist on seeing official school documentation before agreeing to anything.

:icon_lol:

That's some pretty good company you're keeping their mate!

Similarly, I took my 4 year old to her first swimming lesson last night, at my old school actually. However, it's been completely rebuilt and developed under BSF since I left so I hadn't a clue where I was going. Went to main reception, but there was no-one around however there was a digital sign-in system. So, I filled in all the details, name, reg plate, who I was visiting (I put swimming) etc, the system took my photo then said my visitor badge was printed. Unfortunately, it printed in the office, behind the dividing glass with no way of me being able to get at it!

I subsequently realised that the sports facilities were in a totoally separate building round the back of the school and there weas no need to visit the school reception at all :icon_lol:

I imagine there will be some smirks and rolling eyes from the school admin staff this morning as they're greeted to a mug shot of yours truly poking out the label printer!

Back