• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Kids Thread

:icon_lol:

I'm taking the big step of posting in this thread for the first time...

My little Evie is nearly 11 months old now - I can't believe how quickly this first year is passing by and I feel like I've missed so much (being the bloke, I had a massive 2 x weeks paternity leave before going back to work).

She's unbelievable though, and I believe we got quite lucky - she's a great sleeper & hasn't really had any crying fits or issues in public. She is crawling around everywhere and loves walking with the aid of her walker (though I suspect it won't be long before she's walking properly!). I'll happily admit when I get home from work and see her smile, it's genuinely the best feeling ever.

Being a dad is amazing.

Yeah fatherhood is THE best job ever, and it seems like you've got lucky with the sleeping! Won't be long until the terrible twos and the understated 'threenager' phases now mate....

But TBH I don't care what anyone says, the first 6 months are the hardest by far. They get more entertaining as they get older!

The threenager stage is far far worse than the terrible twos, imo. Now Bea's four, she's practically acting like a teenager!

The threenager stage is far far worse than the terrible twos, imo. Now Bea's four, she's practically acting like a teenager!

I totally agree. Both of mine were lovely at 2 and then became mini versions of Satan for a few months after they turned 3.

I hear you brother. The threenager stage is the worst! Belle's just turned 5 and is calming down now.

Sadly, the home education experiment has come to an end for her now. She said a couple of months ago that she wanted to go to school so we got her into a school that was much better than the awful one she was allocated in September. My wife is sad not to be home educating her anymore but Belle seems to be enjoying school which is the main thing. She has got even bossier though as she barks out commands to Arlo like she's the teacher!

My little lady is 4 so just out of the threenager stage so now she's ace (most of the time). The boy's still 2 and much more chilled out. I think girls on the whole are far more stroppy and I agree fatherhood is the best job in the world.

Langer's that's ace.

Mini Langers was far stroppier out of my 2! I wonder if it's the older child who acts the worst? (I'm biased as I'm the younger sibling myself....)

Yeah fatherhood is THE best job ever, and it seems like you've got lucky with the sleeping! Won't be long until the terrible twos and the understated 'threenager' phases now mate....

But TBH I don't care what anyone says, the first 6 months are the hardest by far. They get more entertaining as they get older!

I'm sorry to disagree with you so vehemently on such a quaint thread, but no, grandfatherhood is the best job ever !!!!
Imagine parenthood without any of the downside, very little illness, very rare tantrums and a good nights sleep every night :) :) :)

You guys aren't putting much good into my head about the threenager... I really hope that when my son is born in September the only thing it takes from me is supporting Wolves. :icon_lol:

I really hope that when my son is born in September the only thing it takes from me is supporting Wolves. :icon_lol:

No arguments from me there....

After school yesterday, my 6 year old daughter announced she was having a Cinderella Ball at school today - there was an invite written out to her in her school bag. And that she was asked to bring a guest. I was really proud to hear she wanted me to come!

But I had about 15 hours notice, and had work today, but I couldn't let her down, so I emailed some colleagues, moved some meetings back to next week and agreed to work from home so I could attend.

Daughter chose her Elsa dress for her ballgown, and told me I had to wear a taxi. After we eventually worked out that she meant tuxedo, I had to tell her I couldn't because a) it was far too hot to wear a tuxedo and b) I don't have a tuxedo. So she chose me a nice summer shirt to wear, which I ironed last night in readiness.

This morning, I got changed into the smart shirt, she got changed into her Elsa dress. She then said I had to wear my smelly spray. My 8 year old son translated that into 'aftershave' so I put some on, and we went to school. The ball wasn't until 9.30 so I dropped them off and went for a coffee in the cafe close to the school, before going back at the allotted time.

No-one else appeared to be waiting outside. So I went to reception and told them I was here for my daughter's year 1 ball. They looked at me like I'd announced I was hear to apply for the role of Home Secretary and went off to check.

10 minutes later, they came back to tell me that year 1 were having a 'Cinderella Ball themed party' in the school hall, but it was for children only. But last week, they did an exercise where they had to design their own invitations. It seems that my daughter took this rather too literally. If she'd have seen her friends' invitations, she might have twigged as one asked The Queen, another asked Little Mix, another had apparently invited Wonder Woman. My daughter - bless her - wrote 'Daddy', so it's impossible to be cross at her!! Still, it gave the receptionists a good laugh. Bloody kids.

TL;DR: never ever ever trust your kids, and insist on seeing official school documentation before agreeing to anything.

Tremendous.

No arguments from me there....

definitely looking forward to it as you've stated being a dad is the best job anyone can ever have.

Also no ones perfect we've all made mistakes and looking back in hindsight in my late teens I was horrible to deal with and be around but that's life and I've learned from it.

A 14 year old girl, an 11 year old girl and a wife is far worse.

I'm actually really looking forward to when Bea is a teenager! I think she'll be amazingly stroppy which will amuse me greatly.

Hugo Rifkind @hugorifkind

In tent at Glastonbury. Man in tent next door, here with his daughter, is on phone to her school pretending she has a dentist appointment

OK, which one of you is it? :lol:

I didn't know about this thread so here's my contribution. I'm the proud father of 4 month old identical twin girls.

It's hard work but so worth it to see two faces smiling back at you. They're learning something new every day as am I. Completely life changing but wouldn't swap it for anything.

Mom and I could both do with more sleep though!

I didn't know about this thread so here's my contribution. I'm the proud father of 4 month old identical twin girls.

It's hard work but so worth it to see two faces smiling back at you. They're learning something new every day as am I. Completely life changing but wouldn't swap it for anything.

Mom and I could both do with more sleep though!
Congrats AW! A lot of job with kids but so worth it in the end when they say how much they love you and that you are the best father in the world..quite emotional really..

Back