• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Kids Thread

Having been so proud last week when she swam to the edge of the pool, climbed out on her own, stood up, turned around and on the count of three... jumped straight back in without being told how to do that... to this week, watch her swim to the edge, climb out, stand up and on the count of three... fucks off!
Spent the whole 45 minutes getting out of the pool and chasing her around the place with her giggling and squealing thinking it's just the best game in the world!

I think it's great that they give LSD users the chance to work and write children's TV...

Thoughts on "In The Night Garden"?

Annoying as hell, but Bea got bored of it from about 20 months on. She's all about Peppa Pig now. The only annoyance is all the adverts you get on Nick Jr.

In The Night Garden is a bit shit IMO. Still better than Peppa bastard Pig which I hate.

All about Octonauts for us - entertaining, amusing and educational. Top show. Though my eldest is getting a bit big for it now (whereas I still love it!).

Thoughts on "In The Night Garden"?

Not bad, but at 18 months she loses concentration before the episode ends.
Character names crack me up and I can't stand the little Pontypines or whatever they're called.
I'm kind of interested in how it's actually made... The interior of the train and the airship and some of the characters are obviously operated with a person in them, but again they'll be tiny in a different shot... Computer graphics obviously, but I'd be interested in how it works.

Machin, I'm buying up the DVD's for next to nothing to save her (and me) watching all those fucking adverts.

Langers, I've never heard of that!
What's it on?

Not bad, but at 18 months she loses concentration before the episode ends.
Character names crack me up and I can't stand the little Pontypines or whatever they're called.
I'm kind of interested in how it's actually made... The interior of the train and the airship and some of the characters are obviously operated with a person in them, but again they'll be tiny in a different shot... Computer graphics obviously, but I'd be interested in how it works.

Machin, I'm buying up the DVD's for next to nothing to save her (and me) watching all those fucking adverts.

Langers, I've never heard of that!
What's it on?

CBeebies. Get the DVDs. They rule.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Octonauts-T...&qid=1411637480&sr=8-1&keywords=octonauts+dvd

That's what I did my daughter's mural on. So she's not allowed to grow out of it!!!

The trouble with DVDs is "Peppa Pig on demand" - no thank you!

Good idea. I'll do that.
That'll be another hour on Saturday morning sat up in bed, Mrs Wolfie bringing toast and tea, checking out her Facebook and Susie sat in between us both watch stuff on my phone...

Best times of the week. Apart from Sunday when we do it for longer.

Good idea. I'll do that.
That'll be another hour on Saturday morning sat up in bed, Mrs Wolfie bringing toast and tea, checking out her Facebook and Susie sat in between us both watch stuff on my phone...

Best times of the week. Apart from Sunday when we do it for longer.

One thing I like about Octonauts is that the creatures they meet every week are caricatures of actual sea creatures. And after every episode I have to google them and show the kids what they look like in real life. So they learn something as well. And TBH so do I!!

In the Night Garden is clearly written by someone who knows their stuff as young kids love it. Belle has started to outgrow it now as she is all about Peppa Pig (which is far more entertaining). The In the Night Garden Live Show is really good for little kids. We've taken Belle twice to see it in Birmingham and she loved it - just don't buy any merchandise as it is horrendously expensive! We're off to see the Peppa Pig live show in London in December for our sins.

You're clearly insane. Peppa is the devil incarnate.

I took her to see Peppa and George at the Severn Valley Railway but that was fine as I got to go to a good ale pub afterwards.

My kids have both started to get into Fraggle Rock - my mate bought them the DVDs. Miles better than Peppa cunting Pig.

Fraggle Rock is awesome.

Fuck that noise!

You're clearly insane. Peppa is the devil incarnate.

Haha. We were planning to go to London anyway to take her to see the Santa at Harrods so booked the Peppa Pig show as part of our trip. She'll love it, so I don't mind going. In the end we couldn't get a slot to see Santa at Harrods anyway which was bloody annoying. Still, we get an overnight stay in London and are staying at the Hoxton Hotel which looks pretty cool.

Back