• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Live Match Discussion Thread: 2019/2020

personally i think this weekends game against the Toffees is crucial to our season. i see Man U and Chelsea floundering, and our only rivals for the top six as Leicester and although not so good so far, Everton. an away win sets the standard tommorrow. For me it is crucial for our intent for the season as a whole, to come away with three points.

Ruthless from Liverpool.

Wood didn't help on the first, half turning his back on a cross. Took a nick off him.

Dyche bawling away on the sidelines again. Needs to be told to zip it, just being a dick for no reason.

The irony of Burnley fans booing Liverpool for taking their time over a free kick.

You do wonder what the point of VAR is when you see the Tielemans challenge go unpunished. I really don’t get how that isn’t a clear red card to anyone with eyes, what on earth is the reasoning behind not giving a red for that?

You do wonder what the point of VAR is when you see the Tielemans challenge go unpunished. I really don’t get how that isn’t a clear red card to anyone with eyes, what on earth is the reasoning behind not giving a red for that?
They really need to stop this not over-ruling the ref nonsense. If they aren't going to do that then they HAVE to tell the referee to go over and look at it again on the monitor so he can still be the one to make the decision.

Grealish dived (looked exactly the same as Pogba against us to be fair) and Tielemans should have been off. Mad decision in the West Ham game as well to be fair.

State of the fucking Villa fans punching coppers and stewards, hope they all get sent down. Fucking scum.

The problem is that VAR is to overrule clear and obvious errors, so if the ref said he saw it and thought it wasn’t a card then VAR can’t change his decision.

The problem is that VAR is to overrule clear and obvious errors, so if the ref said he saw it and thought it wasn’t a card then VAR can’t change his decision.

Their desperation to protect the refs is ridiculous. Tell them they’re wrong or as Bear said at least make them look at it on a monitor.

VAR at the moment is taking loads away from the game and offering nothing back.

If it’s deemed a dive a free kick is given so anything afterwards is irrelevant. Personally if that decision went against I’d be fuming. From VAR perspective can you categorically say it wasn’t a dive? No not really, it’s not the outrageous decision that some on twitter are making out.
Seen the video of the Villa fans at the end it looks like about no more than 100 behaving like absolute morons, some of which are pushing 50.

Anyone seen the West ham penalty not given, absolutely ridiculous.

VAR was meant to correct these obviously wrong decisions but instead it's being used to give millimetric offsides and implementation of a new handball rule.

It's like the officials purposefully don't want VAR so are using it in the worst possible way

Back