• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Live Match Discussion Thread: 2019/2020

Just seen the Tielemans one, now that is ridiculous. How has that not been changed?

Just seen the Tielemans one, now that is ridiculous. How has that not been changed?

Yep had to be given as a red by VAR. The Wilson '"dive" too, It's not a penalty and was checked, but he's still been booked for simulation when it wasn't. Although as it's Bournemouth tough shit I guess.

Then Gary and his chums on MOTD decide it should only be a yellow, I really despair with some pundits.

Intent doesn't come into it there (I don't think he has meant to do Wilson, he's messed up his technique totally and for want of a better phrase, Wilson has got in the way). It's irrelevant - over the ball, excessive force, caught the man quite clearly, it's just nailed on.

Yep had to be given as a red by VAR. The Wilson '"dive" too, It's not a penalty and was checked, but he's still been booked for simulation when it wasn't. Although as it's Bournemouth tough shit I guess.
You can't rescind a booking though unless you change the decision i.e. give the penalty

Now how is that not a penalty for the challenge on Haller?

Now how is that not a penalty for the challenge on Haller?

See I backed VAR on the basis that we'd get consistency. But it isn't happening.

That's pretty similar to Pogba against us. Give one then they should all be being given.

Looked a blatant dive to me

See I backed VAR on the basis that we'd get consistency. But it isn't happening.

That's pretty similar to Pogba against us. Give one then they should all be being given.

Agreed! It's just being incredibly badly run, if they look back at that they have to give the penalty as it's a clear mistake. He doesn't think he's dived (no booking) so therefore reviewed and a penalty as the ref has clearly missed the amount of contact.

The Haller one is stone wall. He takes a big knee to the thigh at pace.

It’s nothing like the Pogba one. Coady pulled out and Pogba effectively jumped over the tackle kicking Coady on the way

Sorry Tim Cahill is just a appalling pundit.

It Is indeed. He’s not even looking for the foul (surprisingly) he just lunges to play the ball and then rather than struggle to stay on his feet just decides it’s easier to just fall. Ah well [emoji1787]

The system just seems to be desperate to chalk of goals but not give decisions elsewhere.

Watch Zaha's leg, it doesnt even move remotely towards Grealish., yet Grealish's left leg move towards Zaha.
He might make the slightest contact with Grealish what with it being a fucking contact sport BUT.... Grealish had gone down umpteen times in todays match and this must have played on the Referee's mind.
Basically Grealish, once again, played for another very very soft foul and went down, clattered into Cahill and managed to play the ball and AMAZINGLY get up super quick after such a challenge (when he usually rolls around for 20 seconds)
To conclude, tough shit Villa.

So all I asked for on the nonsense handball law was that it was applied across the board. No exceptions, that's the stupid rule, apply it.

Newcastle's goal = handball. Not given. No excuse.

VAR is a farce all over the shop. They’ve got 2 weeks to sit down and sort their shit out.

So all I asked for on the nonsense handball law was that it was applied across the board. No exceptions, that's the stupid rule, apply it.

Newcastle's goal = handball. Not given. No excuse.

I was a fan of VAR but it seems the authorities are unable to implement it properly. Newcastle handball missed and obvious reffing errors being missed, its surely not that hard to get it right

This has really annoyed me. I can live with Donk's goal being disallowed as long as VAR enforce it all season. City got one disallowed the week after, so it looks like they may. Two weeks later and nope, missed one. Legitimate complaints from us and City if those 'lost points' end up costing either side come the end of the season.

Back