• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2023/24

The last one is pure jokes, for sure.

Afobe going round him for #3 is pure class though. If he'd concentrated on that instead of thinking he was Dennis Bergkamp then who knows.
Aye, like he knew the goal was already scored, went about it that calmly.

He, Dicko, and Sako just had a ton to offer as a trio. Got the best out of each other.

Mentioned last week on the ex-Wolf thread but I read a well-sourced piece on The Athletic which said that Afobe was very much considered miles better than Harry Kane in kids football. They're pretty much the same age.

Sako was a magnificent player. Sheer quality. Play him as a left sided forward and never ask him to defend (he tried his best but was just a hindrance rather than a help) and you had a permanent goldmine of end product.

Loved Nouha. Such a team player and had ability to back it up. His injury wrecked him.

You’d love an old school meat raffle.
There are so many jokes I want to make, none of them appropriate and at least half involving Nelson Semedo.

This will be you if ever visit Wolverhampton and the surrounding areas

Anyone not hauling 18 pork chops in their van isn't really British, is what I'm hearing

Slightly (very) tangential - there used to be a guy who knocked at my sister’s door every evening selling really cheap (still) frozen food. She couldn’t work out how he sold it so cheap until my dad pointed out she was the first house across the road from the local coop and he was clearly nicking it from there and selling it straight away.

Slightly (very) tangential - there used to be a guy who knocked at my sister’s door every evening selling really cheap (still) frozen food. She couldn’t work out how he sold it so cheap until my dad pointed out she was the first house across the road from the local coop and he was clearly nicking it from there and selling it straight away.
There were a couple of smack heads got housed on our estate for a couple of years and they were constantly in the local pub trying to sell meat they’d nicked from the nearest Tesco. Never got any takers funnily enough. They ended up nicking my Giant XTC and made the stupid move of trying to sell it in the same pub, I got the call and was there in four minutes with my lump hammer. I left with my bike and they left with an inability to steal anything for a long time.

I appreciate it has a population of about 10K but don't suppose you know Kevin and Shirley Roach?
Doesn't ring a bell sorry. Haven't lived there since 2019 though.

I got the call and was there in four minutes with my lump hammer. I left with my bike and they left with an inability to steal anything for a long time.

I'm not sure if this is a euphemism or not. Knowing you it could go either way...

Doesn't ring a bell sorry. Haven't lived there since 2019 though.
They were/are there for years, he was the Hotel Manager of the place we used to eat at in Aviemore and he would travel back to the family home in Dunblane for his days off. May have moved up to Aberdeenshire about 4 years ago

Back