• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Surprised to see Tua back for the second half. Good news for the Dolphins and for the competitiveness of this game.

Dolphins give up a safety with 1:40 on the clock as their punt hits the backside of their own player. Bills 1:25 to get into field goal range to win the game.

Good game. Injuries and the heat pretty much the deciding factor. Dolphins are not a better team than the Bills. Or should I say the Dolphins are not a better team than Josh Allen.

That’s why the game ain’t played on paper.

Still expect the Bills to win the East but even I didn’t think Miami would close the gap by such a margin.

That’s why the game ain’t played on paper.

Still expect the Bills to win the East but even I didn’t think Miami would close the gap by such a margin.
They haven't. They had a perfect storm benefitting them: Bills down 7 starting players, 6 on defense; Bills playing away after a short week; 100 degree heat causing multiple players to go out of the game; 3 further injuries to the Bills o-line and a further injury to a CB; Bills players making mental errors due to the heat. The fact that the Bills were that close is pretty amazing. I put money now that a healthy Bills win the rematch by 20 points.

Definitely no bias there. 😂

We'll get the chance to see later this year (and likely again in the playoffs). Will be interesting how both teams adjust for the rematch(es).

Definitely no bias there. 😂

We'll get the chance to see later this year (and likely again in the playoffs). Will be interesting how both teams adjust for the rematch(es).
You don't think those things had an impact? If not you're delusional. But then, I reckon judging from previous posts your NFL knowledge could be written on the back of a postage stamp with enough room left over for illustrations.

The Bills still should have won the game as they had nearly 40 minutes worth of possession. Therefore the Bills defensive injuries should have made very little difference to the result.

The heat undoubtedly played a part, but Allen missed an easy touchdown pass on fourth down which would more than likely have won the game. You'd expect the Bills to turn it around later in the season but the Dolphins defence was pretty immense in that second half.

You don't think those things had an impact? If not you're delusional. But then, I reckon judging from previous posts your NFL knowledge could be written on the back of a postage stamp with enough room left over for illustrations.
Tbh I kind of just talk shit on the Bills because I know it will rile you up. There’s still little doubt that they’ll most likely be the class of the AFC this season.

Tbh I kind of just talk shit on the Bills because I know it will rile you up. There’s still little doubt that they’ll most likely be the class of the AFC this season.
And it never ceases to amaze me how effective it is!

Definitely a warm one in Florida today, Allen Lazard scored a TD for Green Bay, walked straight off the pitch and threw up on the sidelines.

Found ourselves new ways to be shit this week.
Allen can’t run a disciplined team. It was a problem in Oakland and it’s bothered me about his defenses in Nawlins for a couple of years now.

He’s not fit for purpose and neither is Winston. We’re in trouble.

The Jaguars may have a real chance to win the AFC South.

The Jaguars may have a real chance to win the AFC South.
Happy for Doug, got a bit stale in Philly and thrown under the bus by the arsehole now in Washington who also ended leaving anyway. He's a good HC, particularly with QBs which you can see in Lawrence's play

Last edited:
Back