• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Oscillating Wildly Thread

I dunno. His Brian Clough 'story' was pretty distasteful, to say the least.

Absolutely, but I dont think he was purposefully mendacious - he just lacks the brains to think through what hes doing.

. Hoddle and Docherty were piss taking, arrogant disinterested cunts, Saunders is an imbecile who was grossly out of his depth. The first two have their own level of hatred from me, Saunders is a level down along with McGhee.

:nod:

Was just wondering Dan, would it be worth writing a piece on our current perception in the media and online with regards to finances, agents and FFP?

Every football fan I've spoken to since Friday when we had a fee agreed for Neves has been saying "what about FFP?", "Is Mendes running the club?", "it'll all come crashing down eventually", "Mendes is dodgy just look at Valencia", etc.

I've had several conversations trying to explain Mendes' relationship with the owners, how FFP works, why Mendes walking away wouldn't really matter, and why it's not the same as Valencia's situation because of Lim.

Maybe something comparing our situation to Man City when they got taken over, explaining the FFP consequences, why we seem to be getting lots of criticism compared to other rich clubs (Mendes probably) or other clubs spending heavily in this division (Villa most recently), and also how our situation compares to Mendes' other clubs like Valencia, Benfica, Braga, etc.

I've no idea if you'd be interested in writing something like that, but I'd certainly like to have something to share with people to help them understand without going into a lengthy post/discussion every time!

The amount of people on Twitter who think Mendes owns part of Wolves is staggering.

Was just wondering Dan, would it be worth writing a piece on our current perception in the media and online with regards to finances, agents and FFP?

Every football fan I've spoken to since Friday when we had a fee agreed for Neves has been saying "what about FFP?", "Is Mendes running the club?", "it'll all come crashing down eventually", "Mendes is dodgy just look at Valencia", etc.

I've had several conversations trying to explain Mendes' relationship with the owners, how FFP works, why Mendes walking away wouldn't really matter, and why it's not the same as Valencia's situation because of Lim.

Maybe something comparing our situation to Man City when they got taken over, explaining the FFP consequences, why we seem to be getting lots of criticism compared to other rich clubs (Mendes probably) or other clubs spending heavily in this division (Villa most recently), and also how our situation compares to Mendes' other clubs like Valencia, Benfica, Braga, etc.

I've no idea if you'd be interested in writing something like that, but I'd certainly like to have something to share with people to help them understand without going into a lengthy post/discussion every time!

Yeah, for sure. Got this series on obviously and something else coming up this week, but I'll try to outline a lot of all that - FFP in particular, where it is shocking that Fielden/Britney just plain don't understand it when it should really be their job to do so - in a piece over the next fortnight or so. It's a good idea.

Nice one. As Kenny says the amount of bitterness and misinformation is staggering.

Nice one. As Kenny says the amount of bitterness and misinformation is staggering.

TalkSport have been hilariously bad with their "thoughts" on us. Fuck 'em, I say

It really is. If I can do my bit to right that then great. I hadn't really thought about doing it (I'd resigned myself to having the same argument on Twitter every day for the next however many weeks) so thanks bud. It really does make sense.

Always willing to write stuff that people want, without readers I don't have anything so as long as they're sensible requests, I'll always try to follow whatever the demand is.

I wouldn't normally have asked but I know your knowledge on football finances and ownership is well worth sharing.

Yeah, for sure. Got this series on obviously and something else coming up this week, but I'll try to outline a lot of all that - FFP in particular, where it is shocking that Fielden/Britney just plain don't understand it when it should really be their job to do so - in a piece over the next fortnight or so. It's a good idea.

I think that objective factual view is what is needed. We all think we know bits but holistically we make errors and having the info in one place would be good. I like flow charts so this type of approach appeals. Your writing ability would suit this type of piece and it would be good to shove down the throat of moronic naysayers who really do not realise the whole wolves game, etnois and strategy has completely changed. We have spent a decade begging Morgan to do half of what fosun have done financially in 12 months. The difference in the strategy is huge. Enjoy the ride

I wouldn't normally have asked but I know your knowledge on football finances and ownership is well worth sharing.

I knew that particular branch of nerddom would come in useful one day :D

Just depends on when I can free up time, I'll do it as soon as I can though.

I think that objective factual view is what is needed. We all think we know bits but holistically we make errors and having the info in one place would be good. I like flow charts so this type of approach appeals.

Thanks man, I never guess on facts in my articles. If I say something then I know it's right. It's what annoyed me a bit when I did my Lambert piece when he left and people (not on here) doubted it when I said he was binned for footballing reasons. If I wasn't confident that were the fact (from various sources, all of them good - enough folk on here will tell you I only pass on decent info, often though it would be irresponsible to stick it on a public forum) then I would never have written it. It's my rep on the line at the end of the day. Opinion stuff is opinion stuff but you'll never see me guessing at actual events, either it's verified and in the public domain or I'm confident enough to say that it may as well be.

No rush mate. We'll undoubtedly be spending more money in the next few weeks, so I doubt the fury will subside any time soon.

I knew that particular branch of nerddom would come in useful one day :D

Just depends on when I can free up time, I'll do it as soon as I can though.

Thanks man, I never guess on facts in my articles. If I say something then I know it's right. It's what annoyed me a bit when I did my Lambert piece when he left and people (not on here) doubted it when I said he was binned for footballing reasons. If I wasn't confident that were the fact (from various sources, all of them good - enough folk on here will tell you I only pass on decent info, often though it would be irresponsible to stick it on a public forum) then I would never have written it. It's my rep on the line at the end of the day. Opinion stuff is opinion stuff but you'll never see me guessing at actual events, either it's verified and in the public domain or I'm confident enough to say that it may as well be.

Dictionary definition of round peg round hole sir! Pity the star doesn't see that and give you a job. An objective factual view of wolves? Whatever next!

So, excuse my ignorance, I haven't paid much attention to FFP up till now, but are we in danger of contravening the rules with our spending this season? It appears you are allowed to make a loss of 39 million over 3 years, what have been our losses over the last few years? Can Fosun 'give' us cash to wipe out any losses or is that against the rules? I'll be amazed if we don't have a team dedicated to making sure we don't fall foul of FFP...........or is it all much more complicated than that?.....sorry if I'm being a bit thick

Really good idea. Dan - you'd explain it far better than anyone else I know and you actually know what you're on about!

Brilliant idea for a blog Bear. I would say the vast majority of football fans don't really understand FFP and the Evil Mended rhetoric is an easy one to purvey and believe.
I'd share the shit out of a piece like that.

So, excuse my ignorance, I haven't paid much attention to FFP up till now, but are we in danger of contravening the rules with our spending this season? It appears you are allowed to make a loss of 39 million over 3 years, what have been our losses over the last few years? Can Fosun 'give' us cash to wipe out any losses or is that against the rules? I'll be amazed if we don't have a team dedicated to making sure we don't fall foul of FFP...........or is it all much more complicated than that?.....sorry if I'm being a bit thick

We're being clever in giving Costa and Neves huge contracts this amortises the fee and wages. So it's rumoured we spent £15m on Neves over 5 years that's £3m (plus wages) per year on FFP.

A lot of comments about FFP on Neves' thread on Reddit tbf, that could be a popular one to write about. There was a hell of a lot of butthurt Portuguese fans too who are really upset with their club and Mendes, some saying that Neves had to be sold for FFP their end. Heck you could write about their FFP ha - can you speak Portuguese :D?

One comment which caught my eye was that Nuno dropped Neves. And now we've snagged him due to their FFP problems. It's not like Neves won't still be amazing in this league but I'm kind of :hmmm: the more stuff I read.

I guess only time will tell with Wolves / Mendes. FFP for us should be more straight forward.

Talksport is like the daily mail of radio. I used to listen to it until you see their formula. Take an issue, one presenter takes one stance, the other presenter takes the other stance. They say things to anger/outrage listeners so they call in to agree/disagree repeat in finitum.

The Villa Till I Die Twitter feed claimed the deal looked dodgy so I've asked them to explain what they mean funnily enough haven't had a response back.
As for Talksport it's also a case if you upset any of the presenters mates you get blacklisted, No wonder Blues and Villa are flavours of the month with there respected managers both buddies of Alan Brazil.

Back